Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Map - AO-Meat - liked Crimsonland? You'll like this ;D

http://www.dukecg.net/AO-Meat1.1.rar [50k]

You press the button in the middle to get the whole thing going, the next level will kick in 10 seconds after you've completed the current one - 10 Levels in total. Ammo is up the top left, and health bottom right.
    Last edited by duke; 2nd Jun 2004, 11:40 PM.

kewl a new map , ill try it when i get home, whats it about tho ?

Comment

hmm if its anything like crimsonland then its basically a big open field without any obstacles and aliens swarming from all sides while you keep running around and shooting until the level is done or until you are dead.

Comment

thats precisly what it is :S
        Phalanx Campaign
        Executive CEO of NCM Mining Co. (Corvus Campaign)

Comment

sounds... strange

i'll try it later

Comment

New version uploaded here:

http://www.dukecg.net/AO-Meat1.1.rar

I hadn't set the default gametype which was causing trouble on some servers - this is now set . Simply override your old one.

Comment

I have yet to try it, but sounds fun. Love that Crimsonland.

I assume there's no way to "win," but maybe try out a generous countdown timer, a time you need to survive, at which point the victory area is the entire map. Maybe 5 minutes straight, or 10 minutes with a 30 second pause for trading ammo, perhaps. Don't release anything till you try it yourself though, I say.

Otherwise, there's always the bragging rights of "I survived X minutes" or "I killed X bugs" so take my suggestion lightly.

Comment

Love the map duke

Heres a screenshot for you lazy people that wont download maps inless theres a screen.

AO-MEAT :: ScreenShot

Hope you dont mind duke

Oh and salsa... there basically is a "generous countdown timer" in the map. The map doesnt start until you press the button in the center. Now if your talking about in between swarms IDK about that. Seems fine to me without a pause or alot of time. It gives you a few seconds anyways between levels to get ready for the next group of aliens.
                Last edited by Tak3r; 4th Jun 2004, 12:03 AM.
                Aww man... no image sigs...

Comment

I'd suggest some cover for the map. Crates, fences, a bit of height difference maybe?
                  Ah, to be a hero. Keeping such company...

Comment

I don't know what you're saying. Guess I'll have to try it now.

Comment

Originally posted by DeepQantas
                      I'd suggest some cover for the map. Crates, fences, a bit of height difference maybe?
                      I'm guessing you haven't played Crimsonland. How about Smash TV? Same premise - nowhere to run, nowhere to hide.

Comment

*Plays it*

Ha ha! That's great; good ol' gunning down the seemingly endless swarm. The 10,000 ammo boxes are a nice touch too. Reminds me more of some of those Starcraft maps though, Defend the Temple, Art of Defence, Lurker Defence, etc. I've never played this ever-popular Smash TV, but I've played the Starcraft version of that too. Anyway, reminds me more of those than Crimsonland.

Now we just need some of the public servers to have it going...

Comment

very good map

Comment

you can take 8 players in multiplayer right? because in sp it limits it to 4 just like the sp campaign does.

btw, awesome map =)

Comment

Yep theres 8 player spawns

Comment

Working...
                              X