Mutator Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mutator Ideas

Would be so much fun to be able to fight hordes of undead instead of aliens =D maybe an undead campaign? or maybe robots. or maybe a mix of all *knows the game is called --> Alien <-- Swarm but choice is always good =D *

Agreed I'd like to show zombies some lovin with the autogun.
    Telic Corporation

Comment

Yay! I wanna se some of that zombie-killin-fun!!
      Serioulsy, i like zombies... And dead streets...

I guess I'll never stop 'wanting' though. :p

Comment

how about all you zombie huggers wait for the next game 'zombie swarm' ? :p

or they can rename the game to 'swarm' or 'enemy swarm' and put in all that crazy zombie and robot stuff

Comment

RE: Zombie Swarm

Zombie swarm
          Why settle for zombies lets see some Smash TV

-mek
          Telic Corporation

Comment

If you looking for a top down game for fighting zombies and stuff you might wanna try CRIMSONLAND.
            Last edited by Tak3r; 2 Jun 2004, 06:08 PM.
            Aww man... no image sigs...

Comment

good point
              zombies, spider aliens like the parasites and adults in this game and some big behemoth like stuff too
              basically a pure arcade low tactical version of alienswarm but it got zombies

Comment

Originally posted by Knight
                how about all you zombie huggers wait for the next game 'zombie swarm' ? :p

or they can rename the game to 'swarm' or 'enemy swarm' and put in all that crazy zombie and robot stuff
                *lol
                I'm guessing not all of you are that excited about zombies.
                I'll have to stick with the empty streets in 28 days later and the gorgeous effects and makeup artistry in the evil dead then.

“zombie huggersâ€‌… Maybe I’m just tired, but your post made tea come out of my nose man.
                All this talking about crazy robots and zombies got me in a terribly good mood.

Comment

*hugs a zombie while straped to some c4* BOOM!?

hey coulda been worse i could have suggested smurfs? imagine seeing a bunch of blue gew everywhere? =X :p
                  Last edited by AlienX; 3 Jun 2004, 02:23 PM.

Comment

lol but crimsonlands looks like umm.. crap... alien swarm looks awsome.. see the diff?!

Comment

mutated Marines like The Infested Marines From Starcraft
                      Helden sind auأ?ergewأ¶hnliche Menschen die in auأ?ergewأ¶hnlichen Zeiten etwas auأ?ergewأ¶hnliches leisten.

Comment

Could be another kind of alien parasite, like the headcrabs from Half Life. They jump onto your head and take control of basic motor functions, so no shooty shooty, just shambling decaying corpses. And as with the original parasites, there's a chance the little brain leech (hey, that's a cool name ) could crawl off the host and attach to another. Or maybe they could be an extension of the parasite where, rather than the 'sites exploding out of a body upon death, they use it as kind of a living egg sac, and slowy lurch towards the nearest prey, where the parasites explode out and attack.
                        It could be quite cool, the squad enters a research lab to find all the scientists are either eaten or zombiefied, and have to torch through hordes of shambling zombies, all the while ambushed from the rear by the faster soldiers and parasites
                        I have no mapping, coding or scripting knowledge. I am merely a player of games. My purpose on these forums is to throw out random ideas produced by my warp-fethed brain in the vain hope that someone more talented can realise my dream

Comment

Oh weee, that would be so much fun. I'd really like to se a team mate or just about anyone (scientist) return from the dead trying to hunt you down (no weapons or anything) entirely controlled by this peculiar parasite. Wobbling slowly, falling down or just crawling. Would be pretty sweet IMO.

Sounds like a lot of work, animation, coding, sounds and so on. I'm just thinking that out loud so you won't have to tell me that.
                          Anyway, I think I'm in to horror movies/games to much to be objective about something like this. :p

nice idea piroko...

Comment

We know that the game can spawn an object in a marine's place upon death (the current parasite model). So it should be possible to remove the player and spawn a zombie in his place, hopefully without the spray of gibs. Slow moving, and tough to kill unless you chargrill his ass (the host wouldn't feel any pain, so only by killing the parasite can you stop it...hence the flamer). As for the rest (parasite attacking another host), don't ask me, I'm no coder. But given what I can see (limited coding knowledge aside), the original zombie idea shouldn't be a hassle to the l33t AS coders
                            I have no mapping, coding or scripting knowledge. I am merely a player of games. My purpose on these forums is to throw out random ideas produced by my warp-fethed brain in the vain hope that someone more talented can realise my dream

Comment

What you’re saying kind of makes sense. Not that i would know, but still. It would be nice if a team mate would return from the dead when a timer runs out (maybe random). Or if there are any unknown stiffs on a map, just hanging around, a simple trigger would do to wake them up behind you.

The thing kind of reminds me of something in Koontz - Seize the night where someone gets infested by thousands of small worm like parasite thingys making him jump for the next guy in line (or maybe its just his bio suit). Anyway, You got my vote!
                              But "zombie huggers" like me are wise to keep their ideas to themselves around here.
                              Oh well, there’s tons of crazy (and great) ideas on this forum...

Leo aka fluffy

Comment

Working...
                              X