Mission Objectives: need some help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mission Objectives: need some help

Well I though I could just use a TimeLimitObjective for this, but I can't find the objective. Is the Objectives tutorial wrong, or am I looking in the wrong place? Anyway here's what I want: after Event A is triggered, you get X minutes to escape the level, otherwise, you lose. I'm not a coder, therefore I can't really go about making my own objectives, so if anyone can tell me how to rig up some other objectives with triggers or scripted sequences for this effect, that would rock.

Someone? Anyone?

Comment

I'd probably try "EmergencyTimeLimitObjective"
      Forgive me if that's not its exact name, I'm not looking at the tut right now
      Grunt: How dangerous can parasites be?
      Grunt has been infested with a parasite!
      Grunt: Oh, I thought I could step on them.

Comment

I think Evilreaver ment this:
        AoEmergencyCountdownObjective
        * This objective starts counting down when triggered. When the timer reaches 0, the level will explode. This is used for the meltdown objective in Reactor Core.

Couldn't find the TimeLimitObjective either.

Comment

I have no current interest in the subject, but it seems a prudent question for others: What about a timer like in AO-Whatsitcalled, where you call the dropship at the end? That doesn't make the level explode.

I don't think it does, anyway.

Comment

AO-Salvage?

According to the docs that uses an AoCountdownObjective and (without consulting the map file) probably an EscapeObjective for the actual escape.

Comment

Damn, the TimeLimitObjective is there, but it's not flagged as placeable. You can use it by unticking 'show placeable actors only' then right clicking on it and choosing new. Enter MyLevel for the package and MyTimeLimitObjective for the class name. Hit OK and then expand the class browser to find the MyTimeLimitObjective, right click on it and choose edit script. Add 'placeable' before the semi-colon on the class line, so it looks like this:

class MyTimeLimitObjective extends TimeLimitObjective placeable;

Then choose Compile Changed scripts from the menu at the top, close the script window and you can now place your MyTimeLimitObjective, it should do what you want.

Comment

Originally posted by Dalai
                Damn, the TimeLimitObjective is there, but it's not flagged as placeable. You can use it by unticking 'show placeable actors only' then right clicking on it and choosing new. Enter MyLevel for the package and MyTimeLimitObjective for the class name. Hit OK and then expand the class browser to find the MyTimeLimitObjective, right click on it and choose edit script. Add 'placeable' before the semi-colon on the class line, so it looks like this:

class MyTimeLimitObjective extends TimeLimitObjective placeable;

Then choose Compile Changed scripts from the menu at the top, close the script window and you can now place your MyTimeLimitObjective, it should do what you want.
                That's awesome! Thanks Dalai

Comment

Well that works fine until I try to save my level, at which point the game crashes with this:

Build UT2004_Patch_[2004-05-10_17.18]

CPU: AuthenticAMD PentiumPro-class processor @ 2000 MHz with 511MB RAM
                  Video: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 (5664)

Assertion failed: GObjBeginLoadCount==0 [File:.\UnObj.cpp] [Line: 2331]

History: UObject::StaticTick <- UEditorEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop

EDIT: Apparently the Troopers mod was causing the problem, all is well now!
                  Last edited by Snyp3r; 7 Jun 2004, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Troopers huh? Interesting, I've been getting that crash in UnrealEd too recently. I haven't installed troopers, but did install some other mods. What exactly was the fix?

Comment

Originally posted by Dalai
                      Troopers huh? Interesting, I've been getting that crash in UnrealEd too recently. I haven't installed troopers, but did install some other mods. What exactly was the fix?
                      Uninstalling the mod. If there's any mods that you recently installed, that you didn't have crashes before installing, try uninstalling them and then saving a map. Probably has something to do with *.ini files or something.

Comment

Working...
                      X