AoMusicTrigger usage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AoMusicTrigger usage?

I've searched all of the standard Alien Swarm maps for MusicTrigger and AoMusicTrigger and I can't find it in any of them. I was hoping to look at your uses of it as examples for my own map, but I can't find them

Did you handle the music changes in your maps a different way? If so, care to explain it?
    My UT2004 maps
    Ao-BugCity

Yeah, don't use that class, it won't work in a multiplayer game. You need to use a ScriptedTrigger with an Action_PlayMusic (and WaitForEvent, etc).

Comment

Cool, thanks for the quick reply.

I'll get some screenshots of the map up in a bit. I think you guys will like what I'm doing with this one
      My UT2004 maps
      Ao-BugCity

Comment

Ok, I got the triggers working, but I can't get the transition from one song to the next to work properly. None of the fading options on the ACTION_PLAYMUSIC work; it always hard cuts from one song to the next, which doesn't sound right at all. How did you guys handle it?
        My UT2004 maps
        Ao-BugCity

Comment

Dalai? Anyone?
          My UT2004 maps
          Ao-BugCity

Comment

Hmmm, wouldn't be surprised if the transitions were broken. We only used triggers to change the music on a couple of levels.. and usually the previous music was subtle background stuff, so you didn't notice the hard cut.

Comment

D'oh. I had a friend make some nice ambient music for the map, but it has a little more presence than the music you guys used, so the hard cut is jarringly obvious. This is made worse by the fact that the transition I'm trying to do is from this slow ambient track to a fast action track. Any chance of getting those transitions working in a patch? Or maybe a workaround?
              My UT2004 maps
              Ao-BugCity

Comment

Working...
              X