Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ao-dawnofExtinction

I need help

i have done 1/3 of my map its already 32000 units big. I can make anymore rooms becasue my brush is stuffed i cant get it to snap to the lines i try everything changing pivort trying to reline manual. but i got so pissed the the map just been sitting there doning nothing and i like to complete it for u guys.

The brush is like 0.2 out of line and alittle diagonal.

right-click on it and choose:
    Reset->All.

That should get it back on track.

Failing that try right-click->properties->movement and set its location and rotation manually.
    Immortius' Forge

Comment

thx u so much

Comment

Just an idea Tankatim: You could release it at as a beta at first, to give people a few days to explore the map and give you some feedback in case there are any bugs that need ironing (not feature requests, just bugs). Then a few days later release it as the final version. This way you could catch bugs quickly and admins would know which map to include in their servers. I would gladly spend some time testing it.
        --

Comment

i'd as well =)

dam, found that much bugs @ gothic and gothic II, if they'd had me as beta tester, the game would b ye greatest ever - but by now, AS is it =)

Comment

NO wrys dudes i just go half the geo do now i have to finish that then ont to statics then lighting then all the rest.

hey do u want me too give u guys the geo format for my map to give u a look how big it is and it is 60% but only geo and textures
            Last edited by TANKATIM; 7 Jul 2004, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TANKATIM
              hey do u want me too give u guys the geo format for my map to give u a look how big it is and it is 60% but only geo and textures
              You can always post a screenshot (say from the perspective window in the editor) as a teaser .
              --

Comment

how i do a screenshot again me not to smart

Dawn is now like 50000units big
                Last edited by TANKATIM; 9 Jul 2004, 05:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TANKATIM
                  how i do a screenshot again me not to smart
                  Don't know about doing it from Ued, but you can do it with an external program. I always use Gimp for any image related task. It has an acquire function that lets you capture the whole screen or a particular window - eg. ued viewports.

Gimp windows installer
                  --

Comment

Or you can do it the really simple way. Hit print screen, go to paint, paste the screenshot in there and save it as a bmp (since paint sucks at jpeg compression), then use another program like Irfan to convert it to a Jpg file.

Then you have to track down a place where you can host the screenshot and show it off online.

Comment

oki restarted doing Ao-Dawn but after 8hrs only done 60% lighting oh man to big but hey after i finish this one i start another. theres 12 different ways to get to the end and finish the map so its cool. Choose ur way.

ummm do u want lots of weak aliens or a few but strong aliens.

Big base with hive at bottom blow fusion core.

Comment

How about a ton of the regular aliens and a few handfuls of big and small aliens along the way (don't forget fliers, parasites, and a couple scorpion things!)
                        "Crack the panel!"
                        "Once upon a happenstance, I did myself connect to a game-hosting combobulation."

Comment

ok cool

Comment

me...personally...i like gibs...gibs are awesome...lots of alien blood all over the place...beautiful...lots of aliens assaulting you falling apart into alien pieces as u make a slow advance on a never ending hoard...ahhh tahts just AWESOME....so me...i like the 3/4 the screen is filled with aliens constantly dying and constantly being refreshed idea...

Wait a sec...I thought you said Crash always died O.o....I'm not dead yet

Comment

Ao-dawn is alpha so im jsut done lights now and going to add aliens and eggs leading the way to the end. ITs a alpha just showning to level design.

im doing this because i cant put screenshots up.

Or do i just send this map to someone and they can put up the screens and check it out for me.
                              Last edited by TANKATIM; 5 Aug 2004, 05:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X