Can't open .u files...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't open .u files...

Hey guys, first off geat job...this is easily the best mod out there right now...very original and well done.

I am currently trying to learn u-script (being a complete beginner it's pretty slow going) by using the great 3dbuzz vtms and then checking out how epic and other folks have scripted various things. When i try to open the Alien Swarm .u files in UnrealEd I get an error and I don't get this error with any of the epic .u's or .u's from any other mods. Can someone tell me what the problem might be? I'd really like to be able to see how some of the cool features were scripted out. Here's the error message i get:

Build UT2004_Patch_[2004-06-11_16.51]

CPU: GenuineIntel Unknown processor @ 2408 MHz with 1023MB RAM
    Video: RADEON 9500 PRO / 9700 (6436)

Assertion failed: GetPropertiesSize()>=sizeof(UObject) [File:.\UnClass.cpp] [Line: 1015]

History: UClass::Serialize <- (Class AoStartingEquip.AoGUIStartingAmmoBag) <- LoadObject <- (Class AoStartingEquip.AoGUIStartingAmmoBag 1353==1353/13322 1257 458) <- ULinkerLoad:reload <- PreLoadObjects <- UObject::EndLoad <- UObject::LoadPackage <- UEditorEngine::Exec_Class <- UEditorEngine::Exec <- (CLASS LOAD FILE="D:\Games\UT2004\AlienSwarm\System\AoStarting Equip.u").. <- UUnrealEdEngine::Exec <- WBrowserActor::OnCommand <- WWindow::WndProc <- WWindow::StaticProc <- MessagePump <- MainLoop

Any help appreciate. Thanks. -H

Hey Hacksaw, are you using AlienSwarmEd, or UnrealEd?

Comment

Heh...I am now. Thanks man, once in ASEd they opened just fine. Thanks again for the quick help.

Comment

I feel an addition to the FAQ coming on (yes BiG_D, you told me to put this in when I first made it, and I forgot).

Comment

Working...
        X