• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AO-Bomberman

Map: AO-Bomberman
    Author: Mek
    WWW: http://www.forcegamers.com

Description: Deathmatch style 4 player map inspired in form by the game Bomberman. My second map for UT2k4/AS and my first one I was proud enough to release. If you have any comments hit me on forcegamers.com or the AlienSwarm forum.

Notes:
    -AI players will not work on this map.
    -If you notice the sound of a parasite approaching don't worry they are stuck inside the static meshes so that the mines will detonate.
    -Make sure you bring a shotgun or you will not be able to destroy the box barriers easily.
    -Changing the difficulty will decrease the damage that the weapons will deal. Keep this in mind if you want to have longer matches.

Props: Big thanks to the following for testing my map out,
    Fluffy, SirRobin, Sohtaraz, Spanky, Taika

Screen 1
    Screen 2
    Screen 3
    Screen 4
    Screen 5
    Screen 6
    Screen 7
    These are some amazing shots Taika took while we were play the map Double kills, Stim kills, and DFA nading.

Additional: If someone could help me make it so that the map ends when there is one marine left I think that is all this map really needs.

AO-Bomberman-8

Topic Relevant Changes:
    -ASG has been restricted.
    -Med Satchel has been restricted.
    -Crates can now be destroyed by any weapon.
    -If you jump and shoot with a shotgun you can hit people above you.

Last edited by Mek; 8 Oct 2004, 04:47 PM. Reason: Added screenshots
    Telic Corporation

pretty cool. got any screenies?
    Johnathan, the archetype Front Line Medic

Comment

http://www.forcegamers.com/swarm/bomb1.jpg <-- amazing box architecture!
      http://www.forcegamers.com/swarm/bomb2.jpg <-- sarge being launched into space
      Telic Corporation

Comment

spiffeh
        Johnathan, the archetype Front Line Medic

Comment

lol yeah I know it looks like ass. Its only slightly better than AO-boxwithMisalignedtexture design wise but the playablity is there. 4 Players makes for the most interesting matches.

Telic Corporation

Comment

Hey mek, in the first post, are you sure the link is visible enough?

Awesome map, we had looots of fun last night playing it ^^

Comment

AO-Bomberman makes deathmatches more fun than I thought was possible in AS current state. Map design is as simple as genius. This one will be serious competition in The Amazing Ao-box Contest. It scares the crap out of me and my ridiculous box.

Great job Mek, I had a blast yesterday!
              Btw, did you think about adding a funky tune to the map?

In bomberman heaven, anyone would be able to grab assault shotguns & mines.
              And obviously, an ability to quick restart the map (no roster screen) would be very comfortable.

Comment

- Let's move on out soldiers!
                Ah, to be a hero. Keeping such company...

Comment

Originally posted by [nt]Leo
                  In bomberman heaven, anyone would be able to grab assault shotguns & mines.
                  And obviously, an ability to quick restart the map (no roster screen) would be very comfortable.
                  Would be nice, I also wanted some variants of the mines to mess with make them more of flash than a wall of fire. Big_D is helping me making it so that the map will end when theres only 1 player left.

Btw, did you think about adding a funky tune to the map?
                  I'm not actually sure how to add my own music lol I'd say something like "seizure of power" would be good dm music

Screen 1
                  Screen 2
                  Screen 3
                  Screen 4
                  Screen 5
                  Screen 6
                  Screen 7
                  These are some amazing shots Taika took while we were play the map Double kills, Stim kills, and DFA nading.
                  Last edited by Mek; 20 Jul 2004, 10:32 AM. Reason: added music
                  Telic Corporation

Comment

Lol, nice screenies. We have to try it again. Having Taika in the game would make me very, very happy. --;;
                    --

Comment

Originally posted by Butters
                      Lol, nice screenies. We have to try it again. Having Taika in the game would make me very, very happy. --;;
                      i know you carth and sirrobin are just dying to kill me arent ya

Wait a sec...I thought you said Crash always died O.o....I'm not dead yet

Comment

Bomberman with shotties? O_o
                        I am gone...Radars won't pick me up

Comment

Great map, it makes Alien Swarm DM fun as a gametype.

Originally posted by Taika
                          i know you carth and sirrobin are just dying to kill me arent ya
                          Yes, I feel much better now.

Equipment for this map: any shotgun, normal rifle, mines/stims

I love it. Mid-air grenades to people's chests.

Comment

Originally posted by Carth
                            I love it. Mid-air grenades to people's chests.
                            if no one believes this then i have a demo for you to watch

Wait a sec...I thought you said Crash always died O.o....I'm not dead yet

Comment

It's from your point of view though. I need to set up an auto demo thing to catch any DM pwnage.

Comment

Working...
                              X