grenade trajectory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grenade trajectory

been working on a map for as, and have had a problem, when grenades ( rifle/p-rifle/ assult shottie secondary), i find my nades go up to the ceiling

theres nothing on the ceiling to aim at (i.e no static meshes) and the ceiling is set as a fake backdrop, ne ideas

It also happened in some parts in Uplink as well...I have almost 90% chance of shooting the grenade up and bounce back to my head in some parts in Uplink...
    I am gone...Radars won't pick me up

Comment

and the ceiling is set as a fake backdrop
      You need to carve the ceiling out.

http://www.blackcatgames.com/swarm/mapping/Basic.htm
      Ah, to be a hero. Keeping such company...

Comment

Originally posted by DeepQantas
        You need to carve the ceiling out.

http://www.blackcatgames.com/swarm/mapping/Basic.htm

Tried that...still have some prob on the ceiling...
        I am gone...Radars won't pick me up

Comment

no luck here either, i have got a "carved out" space as such, the top has edges off the top like normal ones, im dnt fink thats the problem

Comment

you also have to be a good mapper for your nades not to bounce of and hit the ceiling.
            "Tyler sold his soap to department stores at $20 a bar. Lord knows what they charged. It was beautiful. We were selling rich women their own fat asses back to them."

Comment

:p :p :p

Comment

What is the height of your camera space blackbox? I carved 528 in height and also left lots of space on all sides (camera space double the game space ATM). My grenades fly perfectly. Nothing else about my map is special though, PM me if you want to swap.

Good luck!

Comment

Try it without setting the ceiling to fake backdrop, it shouldn't be a problem, but who knows...
                  It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

The camera height is somewhere around 512... so you want to carve out a 1024 height brush... You know, just in case your marines climb and jump and stuff.
                    Ah, to be a hero. Keeping such company...

Comment

Working...
                    X