ao bugplanet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ao bugplanet

just downloaded it from forcegamers its 5mb and it trys to start ut 2004 any body else tried it: yet then it crashes ive scanned it for virus it comes up clean but it does not show up in alien swarm even when it is in map folder
    Last edited by reemulmyu; 27 Jul 2004, 03:20 PM. Reason: not enough info
    also known as mega ,On the internet, everyone can hear you scream - it's just that no-one cares.except moses{also been known to use rapidfire}was also here before fuzzy and moses

you can play hte map but you gotta load it up in UED , rebuild it , and then resave it.
    Smack the Planet!!!! -

Comment

Originally posted by Pepito
      you can play hte map but you gotta load it up in UED , rebuild it , and then resave it.
      What Kind of map is that? O_o
      You need to to ?
      I am gone...Radars won't pick me up

Comment

redownload this map from forcegamers, we in hte mIRC pickup channel have been fiddling with it and got it to work, (Thanks to But..*cough* i mean SirRobin) . Its a fantastically BIG map, zipped its 5mb unzipped its 17!!! it is a LONG MAP. NOT RECOMMENDED for INSANE at all, i think best style of play will come in on normal difficulty. Hard you would run outa ammo, easy...no onel ikes easy things die to fast . We were just playing few minutes ago with 6 people, its a fanstic map, the BEST custom map we have seen by far. i reccomend you download it NOW

Wait a sec...I thought you said Crash always died O.o....I'm not dead yet

Comment

I've uploaded a fixed version of the map shall be known as version 1.0b if you had trouble please redownload it.
          Telic Corporation

Comment

Best custom map yet. Worth the download, get it on your servers now admins :p. It's a map of epic proportions.

Comment

yea the best part is that our lovely translator from the pickup channel told us the readme sed he spent a short time on it...

Wait a sec...I thought you said Crash always died O.o....I'm not dead yet

Comment

The map is very good fun. It could do with some more detail and optimisation, and maybe better pathing, but it still plays great. And it's hard too - spawns in front and in back, ammo shortages... The author is still a mystery. Here's a tentative translation of the Readme for those that don't speak german. (Courtesy of Flauschi from #Swarm.Pickup):

"I made this map in a short time, only for a lan with 4 ppl, (thats why it's low detailed), because we played all maps 10 times and other custom maps suck. We had fun and I thought I would release it."
                --

Comment

Originally posted by Mystery mapper
                  "I made this map in a short time, only for a lan with 4 ppl, (thats why it's low detailed), because we played all maps 10 times and other custom maps suck. We had fun and I thought I would release it."
                  O....K....Another undigestable truth, I guess...

But we do have some cool maps coming up, isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Butters
                    It could do with some more detail and optimisation....
                    yeah, someone should add big blinking arrows on the ground pointing in the direction you should go

It's absolutly the best (normal) custom map out yet, but in some parts, the level is too bright (atleast while playing on gamma 1.7 and brightness 0.9
                    mogelbrod, the one formerly know as teh muppen!

Comment

Ao-Bugplanet is great!

Pickup people and I tried it earlier today and it is very fun. Like everyone said, it is huge and quite hard (we played normal so far). It can be a bit confusing at first, but the size compliments it very well. This map very much deserves to be played and hosted. I agree that this is the best custom map so far. Only bad I can think of is that it played a bit shakey. I guess this could be my computer since I hosted the game but I have had no problems with any other map I ever tried. Anyway, download it!

I also wish the author would find his way here and see how appreciated it is.

Comment

Man it really needs some more optimization ... it runs poorly for a low-detail map ...
                        "Crack the panel!"
                        "Once upon a happenstance, I did myself connect to a game-hosting combobulation."

Comment

Apparently the map is one giant static mesh.

Comment

Just downloaded it...will try that out some other time (seems to be a difficult map according to the opinions in this thread...).

Comment

Originally posted by tank hunter
                              Just downloaded it...will try that out some other time (seems to be a difficult map according to the opinions in this thread...).
                              it matters, you won't make it alone, atleast not on normal, since you'll run out of ammo pretty fast
                              when playing together with 5 other players (of which 4 had ammobags) your ammo will hopefully not run out
                              mogelbrod, the one formerly know as teh muppen!

Comment

Working...
                              X