Personal Mapping Training

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Personal Mapping Training

I've been working with UED for about two years, but only now am i starting to understand what the hell i've been able to do. however, i still have many unanswered questions that i would like to shoot back and forth with some other mapmakers. I would like to do this preferably over MSN or some other Instant Messaging program; forum discourse is too time consuming, and troubleshooting problems on my own just doesn't cut it.

I recently had a tiny Q+A with Mek, which helped a ton. If there are any other mapmakers out there who want to help me with my problems or solve problems together (i'm not a total idiot), i would be thankful. Just drop me a PM with your contact info or somesuch.

To the Mods: i didn't bother trying to hunt down every member who maps and sending them this PM. I figured announcing it like this would be the only way.

Thanks, i hope to meet some other people and form a small network of mappers for Q+A via IM.
    "Tyler sold his soap to department stores at $20 a bar. Lord knows what they charged. It was beautiful. We were selling rich women their own fat asses back to them."

Would be kindda nice to see the results from such a Q&A as I'm sure it would benifit many a newbile mapperz.. :p
    Johnathan, the archetype Front Line Medic

Comment

Mek Question and Answer (12KB)

Nothing serious at all. A lot of whining on my part, and a little succinct, correct answering on Mek's.
      "Tyler sold his soap to department stores at $20 a bar. Lord knows what they charged. It was beautiful. We were selling rich women their own fat asses back to them."

Comment

As I mentioned earlier, a lot of the Box mappers hang around in IRC - Quakenet's #Swarm.pickup and Starchat's #alienswarm. Lately the main topic of discussion is mapping, with a lot of hints being exchanged and the more experienced mappers usually ready to help. Give it a try.

[EDIT:] I just read the first part of the log. You shouldn't really have a problem to connect to IRC because of the firewall. Try with Starchat first, it seems they are more relaxed with the ident probes. The mIRC documentation has useful instructions to configure firewalled machines too.
        --

Comment

excellent, thanks butters.

Comment

Originally posted by [bulletproof]
            excellent, thanks butters.
            just a tip, watchout when [mIkolan] joins the channel (#Swarm.Pickup), while Taika's in it, the channel will turn into an anime-spamming-channel
            mogelbrod, the one formerly know as teh muppen!

Comment

my UScript "Q+A" with BiG_D was comical. It was more of 'Q, some A, but mostly me smacking myself around because I was totally missing things sitting right in front of me.'

Comment

I enjoyed it, makes my life easier...

<MrPowers> How do you...
                <MrPowers> Wait, I got it myself, I'm so stupid.
                <BiG_D> Glad I could help...

Yeah. I like to talk mapping. Any relevant contact info is in my profile here, and I'll be in #alienswarm on Starchat.net when I'm online.
                It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

Doctor-Patient Confidentiality, man. that's grounds for law suit!!!!!!

Comment

Thats not an actual quote, so no.
                    But I suppose you could nail me with making a false quote...

And you know what else would help us with discussing mapping/scripting? A Mapping Forum!
                    It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

YES! LIBEL LIBEL! or is it SLANDER! SLANDER!

either way, your ass(ets) is(are) mine once i get my lawyer here.

but, yes, mapping forum++.

Comment

Working...
                      X