Making new medal and equipment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making new medal and equipment

Is it possible to add new medals and equipment ? If it possible then how ?
    Kind regards
    Lasse Jensen aka gymer
    Denmark

Originally posted by gymer
    Is it possible to add new medals and equipment ? If it possible then how ?
    I'm quite sure that it's possible for the dev team to code in new medals and equipment.

Comment

isn't it possible to code it myself. ... I just dont know where to put the code og what language its made in.
      Kind regards
      Lasse Jensen aka gymer
      Denmark

Comment

It would be coded in UnrealScript.
        It is possible, I suppose, but as many of us are finding out, fairly difficult without rendering your copy of Swarm unusable online.
        It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by BiG_D
          It would be coded in UnrealScript..
          Is there a guide some where on the net. Google got lots but are there any realy good.

It is possible, I suppose, but as many of us are finding out, fairly difficult without rendering your copy of Swarm unusable online..
          Yeah i know. But for development and then submission to the team. I hope/think/guess that they will recieve such submission (if they are any good)
          Kind regards
          Lasse Jensen aka gymer
          Denmark

Comment

Coding new medals as a mutator would probably be impossible, I reckon. Extra equipment may be possible though.

http://wiki.beyondunreal.com/wiki has a fair amount of information on UnrealScript.

I hope/think/guess that they will recieve such submission (if they are any good)
            It would probably depend on whether the submittion was good, taking into account things such as game-balance, theme, etc.
            Immortius' Forge

Comment

I dont wish to do mutators... but patch (addon) for you to add to the game. Like an armorplating which reduces damage but also movement and such things. Or maybe new weapons or other gadgets
              Kind regards
              Lasse Jensen aka gymer
              Denmark

Comment

"Patching" the game will render it useless online, unless everyone else has the same patch. And I can't see many people doing this, let alone servers. Re-installing the mod everytime you want to play it doesn't make a whole lot of sense...
                It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

Immortius, I'd like to have a totally different set of weapons and items for my jungle campaign (Well except medpacks, sentries, and ammo), how open are you to that idea? I don't know how to do any of it, so someone else would have to do it for me :0(

Of course, I'd have to get at least SOME of the campaign done, but considering I can't due to the lack of low-poly mesh ... *sigh*
                  "Crack the panel!"
                  "Once upon a happenstance, I did myself connect to a game-hosting combobulation."

Comment

"Patching" the game will render it useless online, unless everyone else has the same patch. And I can't see many people doing this, let alone servers. Re-installing the mod everytime you want to play it doesn't make a whole lot of sense...

The hope was that the "patch" would be applied to the official version aka the next release. This thread is about making AS better not just for me and my mates, but every AS player
                    Kind regards
                    Lasse Jensen aka gymer
                    Denmark

Comment

There should be absolutely no problem implementing new weapons and equipment with the maps by importing into myLevel and placing the stuff lying around. Pro: no compatibility issues. Con: no choosing at start, limited to the map

Comment

The hope was that the "patch" would be applied to the official version aka the next release. This thread is about making AS better not just for me and my mates, but every AS player
                        That's quite ambitious considering you hadn't heard about unrealscript before. Your best bet is probably to code whatever additions you want and then release a mutator to include them in the game. If the stuff is really good, I suposse the team may consider merging it with the official version. But first things first, get coding...

Here's another link with loads of unrealscript documents:
                        Unreal Developer Network
                        --

Comment

On that idea Donator, would it be possible to do model substitution on the standard weapons using myLevel code/meshes? The same thing you can pull off in Half-Life's Sven Co-op mod: the weapons are actually the same, but mappers can make them look and sound different to fit in with map theming. This *should* mean that they'd sort-of-work in the selection screen, even if you'd have to select the regular version to get the modified version.

In fact, if you can do everything in myLevel scripting that you can in a mutator, it should be possible to do full weapon subsitution. You'd just have to remember which selection-screen weapon maps to which in-game weapon.
                          Hey, what's that white dot on the circle-thingy meaGARRRGH!!!

Comment

You can actually put mutators in the mylevel package that automatically run in that level. So yeah, you should be able to do full weapon substitution (depending on that nature of the weapon selection screen you could change it too).
                            Immortius' Forge

Comment

Working...
                            X