Roster Menu Music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roster Menu Music

ok ok ok...i've asked this a buncha times to no avail...i KNOW how to get music AFTER the roster menu, what i WANT to kno is if you can have a different music play instead of the current standard roster menu!! pLEASEEE if you know how to do this answer me >.<

Wait a sec...I thought you said Crash always died O.o....I'm not dead yet

i discovered this accidentally. i set an ambient sound in the level properties, it only played during the menu, so i assume you could do the same, selecting the music instead of the sound.

Comment

Or look around at AO-Box-DangerZone, which has custom roster music.

Comment

Neither of those worked, but they did give me a better understanding of triggers and so forth heh.

Powers: already talked to you in irc about this..but for everyone else, the Ambient Sound is well..only ambient sound, it only accepts files from the *.uax packages

Carth: His custom music is more of an addition to the roster music already there. All his "music" consists of is a small *.wav file that plays a water drop type sound. It is a sound and not music. :/

my search for a way to do this continues...not to mention the whole importing thing...thats never worked and its crashed UED more then 5 times already...so if anyone has any other solution PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me

Comment

Yes, it's not custom menu music, it's a couple of ambient loops in the map. Usually, you place a briefing cam in a small box far away from the rest of the map to isolate the opening menus from map sounds, but of course in this case I couldn't

Comment

Originally posted by Nachimir
            Yes, it's not custom menu music, it's a couple of ambient loops in the map. Usually, you place a briefing cam in a small box far away from the rest of the map to isolate the opening menus from map sounds, but of course in this case I couldn't
            So if you were to do that then you would have custom roster music? But how would you trigger the ScriptedTrigger to play the music?

Comment

The roster screen is a hud that sits in front of your normal view, if you like. So, by default the camera view hovers above the player starts and the briefing screen puts itself between, but if you place a briefing cam it will take place there until you start the map, then the view switches to your marine.

AFAIK, there is no way to switch the music off, you can only place ambient sounds in the map near the briefing cam. I haven't tried Mr. Powers suggestion.

Comment

gah. well it was worth a try wasn't it heh. Thanks for the input though ^-^

Comment

Working...
                X