Ao-BugCity FINAL released!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ao-BugCity FINAL released!

Here 'tis. Big thanks to Carth, Big_D, and Oblivious for testing and to Rellik of www.ocremix.org for making the custom music.

Hope you enjoy fragging those bugs in a new setting

Ao-BugCity.zip (16.4mb) Mirror: Maps4Mods. Thanks nimrod!

Screenshot

Screenshot
    Last edited by Rehevkor; 17 Sep 2004, 06:31 PM.
    My UT2004 maps
    Ao-BugCity

It's looking sweet.

I'm moving this to the AS Mapping forum.

Comment

It plays pretty good too

I'll be running it on a server called Ao-Bugcity if anyone wants to try it out.
      It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

As with any release, this one has a few bugs that slipped past even my best efforts in testing. If you find any places where you can get stuck, objectives, buttons, or spawners that don't behave properly, or any other general weirdness, post them in this thread. Be as detailed as possible so I can find and fix the problems easier.

If you find any exploits that can be used to "cheat" in any way, DO NOT POST THEM HERE. Send them to me in a PM.

I'll let me map circulate for a few weeks and generate as many bug reports as possible, then I'll release an update to fix them all. This way I can avoid having multiple bug fix versions of the map released. In the mean time, try to enjoy the map without using any of the exploits that crop up

Thanks again, hope you enjoy playing it.
        My UT2004 maps
        Ao-BugCity

Comment

Those who want to go swimming will find a way...
          It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

It's a real beaty, and my first impressions are only positive. Too bad that the home of all bugs was to demanding for my ole box to host. I'll look for a low ping server that runs it and frag as much as I can. I'm looking forward to it.

Comment

I dled it...just trying to pursuade my lan pals to get their hand on it And I was looking forward so long for this map since you released the bridge screenie
              I am gone...Radars won't pick me up

Comment

Played this map about a week ago. Very impressive, great use of emitters, and a very unique and fun map to play.

Comment

Rehev, when you want to discuss the 8-12 ways to get out of your map, stuck in your map, abuse your map, or any other strange things, come talk to me. I'm not kidding either. They are at least that numerous. LOL ... that being said ... Good job! Your city map will likely set a pace / theme / standard for future city-themed maps. Very cool with the sewer aliens.
                  "Crack the panel!"
                  "Once upon a happenstance, I did myself connect to a game-hosting combobulation."

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys

And Corion, just send me a private message describing those holes. I'd appreciate the help.
                    My UT2004 maps
                    Ao-BugCity

Comment

Love the map Rehevkor, I'll have it up on forcegamers soon.
                      Telic Corporation

Comment

The calm music is awesome - very fitting for the atmosphere that's been created with this map!

I don't like the speedy music as much though... just seems off to me.

(Oh yes - the map was fun to play too =p)

Comment

I fuggin' LOVE this map. It's a really fresh take on the game, as I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who was getting a bit tired of cramped colony walkways, and other claustrophobic levels. Don't get me wrong: I like the tight, claustrophobic maps too (nothing says "Pay attention, rambo!" like accidentally igniting a teammate with an ammo-pack on in a very, very small hallway) but the wide-open city wreckage is great. In a way, it's actually harder than the close-quarters corridors firefights, since if the bugs are getting to you, you can always fall back to a choke-point, or seal up a door. Those aren't options when your fight is taking place in the wreckage of buildings and city streets. It adds to the "Ahh, hell...what do I do now?" feel, a lot.

Nice map, man.
                          (Six-Million-Dollar Shub),
                          Shotgun Addict

Comment

Working...
                          X