Some mapping help & A feature option for the nubs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some mapping help & A feature option for the nubs

OK, here's something I'd love to pull off if I could get a clean way to do it. I am aware there's no possible way in hell to get AS into first person mode in single player to mess around and make snapshots of levels from up high. I've tried in a few levels only to witness on a few of those levels that there's a huge patch of white texture I cross through blocking out the level entirely. So he's my question to some possibly helpful mappers: How can I get a crisp overhead layout screeny in AS ed without grid or other lines in full texture mode in a nice hi-res format? Stitching together images is not a problem. I'd draw it up in illustrator or ps but I seriously don't have that kind of free time otherwise you all would be waiting a month or two Trying to make a nice walk-through here

A possible feature option for the devs. Interactive ghost if minimaps never make it into any of the releases. This would provide for some help or humor, either way appreciated to the lost nub running for his or her life taking them and the rest of the team the entirely wrong way. An un-armed ghostie that could help lead people to where they need to go as a trainer option in the easier modes for those learning the ropes if necessary or just to mess with people when they hose you in game.

Any help appreciated, thanks!
    The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.

It is possible to load up alien swarm levels in first person view, using the default game info or something ... Someone who knows how will eventually post about it on this thread, but until then try searching the boards - I know it's been mentioned before.
    "Crack the panel!"
    "Once upon a happenstance, I did myself connect to a game-hosting combobulation."

Comment

console command:

map <map>?game=xgame.xdeathmatch
      Immortius' Forge

Comment

I like the idea of the ghost thing. Thought perhaps that could be better implemented with the exsisting "trail" thing from ONS. You hit a button and a little ball of light or something leads you to your next objective. Don't make it as fast as the ONS one though, otherwise people would keep getting left behind.

Comment

http://forums.blackcatgames.com/show...035#post106035
          The hard way of doing things. Puts you in control of a widescreen ghostcam.
          It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by Exo-Warrior
            I like the idea of the ghost thing. Thought perhaps that could be better implemented with the exsisting "trail" thing from ONS. You hit a button and a little ball of light or something leads you to your next objective. Don't make it as fast as the ONS one though, otherwise people would keep getting left behind.
            You mean assault but yeah, that would be a nice option too

Big_D what mutator is that?
            Last edited by Dread; 24 Oct 2004, 07:54 PM.

Comment

Ortega Campaign Maps

Ok, so in my spare time, I've compiled some noob guides for how to successfully complete and keep up with others in the ortega campaign. Basically, this is a guide on how to get through, and get out, the one thing I did not include is locations to eggs to make it simple and fair as possible. If someone could find an alternate place to host and mirror this file, that would be great as my server is not the fastest in the world. So here it is: http://www.secondagenda.com/fileyard/gaming/ort.zip , enjoy. Any corrections, other tips and additions welcome. In my spare time, I'll attempt to map these out blueprint style, but for now I hope these help.

Also a big thanks to immortius and big_D for their help on getting me into a proper ghost cam

Comment

Originally posted by Dread
                You mean assault but yeah, that would be a nice option too

Big_D what mutator is that?
                No, I mean ONS

I think it's N and M. It'll point you to the nearest Red (N) Node or Blue (M) Node, depending on the state of the map.

Comment

To be honest, I have no idea what mutator that was anymore. Probably the crate one, or the one that allows more than 4 marines in single player. Such a long time ago...
                  It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

Ahh, no biggie, I got the ortega campaign complete, now when I get some time I'll do a quick run-through of the sigma campaign along with any other maps that I have providing I find some extra time and the map allows it.

Comment

I tried looking at Dread's link, but I can't download from it. Were those files ever mirrored elsewhere?

Comment

No

Someone might have them though, I know other people have talked about them. [nt]Leo talked about them recently, when he recommended them to NoData, so one of those might have them. Otherwise, Dread is still around sometimes

Comment

I found Dreads ortega map file on my computer. PM me your email Trudge, or come highlight me on IRC (#alienswarm or #swarm.pickup). Anyone mind hosting this 1726 kB sucker? I'm sure people will ask for it again.

Comment

knock yourselves right out.
                            Ortega Walkthroughs

Comment

Time to get your free GameSpy ID if you haven't got one

Comment

Working...
                              X