UnrealED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UnrealED

I'm pretty sure this is a dumb question for most of you but i'm just getting into the whole modding thing and was wondering if UT2k3 was the only version that comes with UnrealEd?

I got UT2k4 when it came out a while ago and it was just the game no modding stuff. Got bored with it and it stayed on the shelf. I hate games that rely solely on your twitch response and no actual strategy or tactics.

Lately I heard of the Make Something Unreal Contest and decided to reinstall and play some new mods. Love AS by the way(u guys should have def won). So do I have to buy UT2k3 to get UnrealEd or can i DL it?

Thanks again

Every version of UT comes with UnrealED. If it isn't in your start menu (which it should be if you have UT2k4) just look for UnrealED.exe in your UT2k4/system/ folder.
    It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

not only does every UT come with UnrealEd, but unreal1 and 2 also did
      iron ass.

Comment

hmmm...nope cant say that it does.

The installer CD just has an installer for the game and nothing else. By the way I have a Mac version, i searched everywhere and i don't have it.

Wierd!?!?

Comment

Originally posted by Kyklos
          Wierd!?!?
          Not really, there's no editor for Mac or Linux. ( ).
          Sِren Mattbنck
          My website - The Telic Campaign

Comment

Yeah, we mac users get left out on this one(well, most level editors really). The only way to make maps on the Mac is to buy the PC version (of any Unreal, I guess, if its all the same editor) and Virtual PC, but it can be a bear to do unless you have a really hooked up system.

Trust me, I often debate turning my linux box into Dual Boot just so I can try making a map for this mod... I have so many ideas!! That would require me to actually own a microsoft product though, and the thought makes me feel dirty.

-Jedi

Comment

Originally posted by Mac_Jedi
              I have so many ideas!!
              I know what you mean, however the editor just blows my brain to bloody gibs I was working my way through several mapping tutorials though, so expect a map from me as soon as I feel like working rather than playing
              Last edited by Behind You; 26 Jan 2005, 12:08 PM.
              Behind You Durandal Traikan in game.

Comment

The contents of this message have been edited to protect the poster from admitting he replies to things before reading.

Move along, nothing to see here,

move along

-Jedi
                Last edited by Mac_Jedi; 26 Jan 2005, 01:21 AM.

Comment

This post has also been removed to stop from useless confusion

Continue to move along
                  Last edited by Behind You; 26 Jan 2005, 12:07 PM.
                  Behind You Durandal Traikan in game.

Comment

Well, Epic, or more specifically Ryan C. Gordon (who does the porting) has hinted that UnrealEd will be ported to Mac and Linux for Unreal Engine 3. So all you gotta do is convince BCG to make Alienswarm for whatever Epics next game is.
                    Sِren Mattbنck

Comment

PARIAH!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111 w00t!
                      iron ass.

Comment

Pariah is being made by Digital Extremes and is using (by the looks of it) a similar engine version as UT2004.
                        Sِren Mattbنck

Comment

really? :O
                          oh well
                          iron ass.

Comment

Not really, there's no editor for Mac or Linux
                            so saad like many here I have some fun Ideas and have been using Maya for a while and learning new apps doesn't take me very long so It prolly wouldn't take to long to make some of them. Oh well

That would require me to actually own a microsoft product though, and the thought makes me feel dirty.
                            Exactly how I feel.

Comment

Working...
                            X