Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• changing crosshair color

hello,

i am currently doing a University degree in Games graphic programing.

The major assignment i have at the moment is to modify an existing UT2004 mod such as Alien Swarm a little further and tweak it up to how we'd like to improve it.

Is it at all possible to change the crosshair color from lets say the default white to green? And if so would it also be possible to change the color only when mouseovering certain objects such as an Alien?

Is it something that possibly could be down through the UTeditor or would i have to delve into the code and manually manipulate the script myself?

Thank you

AoPrototype.AoHUD, lines 102-116

Damn, i'm doing someone's homework and not even being bullied for it.
    [THN] Gaming community - www.thehavennet.org.uk
    Proud admin of the THN AlienSwarm server #3 at 82.156.164.3:7777 and #4 at 87.117.203.96:7777. Teamspeak at: teamspeak.thehavennet.org.uk (def. port)

Comment

It'd be useful if there was another way to switch it's colour... because you can't aim when someone spams flares! ><

Comment

Yes, i was thinking the same when i looked at the code to make my FF Indicator mutator. You could compile it with different values and compare the resulting .u files so you know the location of the data and bytehack it, done it before. Don't think UT2004's Anti cheat will like it though
        Proud admin of the THN AlienSwarm server #3 at 82.156.164.3:7777 and #4 at 87.117.203.96:7777. Teamspeak at: teamspeak.thehavennet.org.uk (def. port)

Comment

Personally, I'd like a classic red-dot, as I -always- have with my SR & LR on classic UT2k4.

Comment

thanks i'll try it out

Comment

Pestcontrol knows his stuff
              Prepare to be shredded.
              To avoid being teamkilled .....
              Maps to every level in ASw

Comment

Sorry for my ignorance but where do i find "AoPrototype.AoHUD"? do i have to decompile the scripts or is it something i can find directly from the Actor class browser?

Comment

You want to export the .u files in order to get the code in a form you can manipulate easily. You can do it from ASued, using the command line ucc.exe or using an external program like WotGreat or UTPT. To change the cursor you need to make a mutator.

You're not going to get far with your assignment if you don't read something about the unreal development tools. I'd recommend you head to the UnrealWiki and start reading the basics.
                  --

Comment

Thanks Butters..

Yeh u agree i have to read up abit more to get further with whats required..i know its going to take time....but i wasnt sure how to go about it all in the 1st place.. Thank you for yr insights.

Comment

The way i learned unrealscript was by just opening Unrealed 1.0, looking at code, and when i thought i understood what it did, manupulate it, compile and save and play the game to see what it did. I started reading all the tech docs only later. There weren't that many anyway besides the reference doc.

I'd recommend reading the Unrealscript Reference to get a hold of unrealscript's principles and the similarities with other languages. And then move on to the wiki.

Comment

Working...
                      X