Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big_D: Damnit

Moses: Minor fuel spill...

Exo: I'll be posting the fic up sometime later this month... Its a first contact scenerio with one of Syntek's deep space mining colonies that discoveres a small hive... :p
    If I can get stuff done quick enough I might make an entire campaign out of it... But that remains to be seen
    Johnathan, the archetype Front Line Medic

Comment

In case you don't know John, go to View -> Level Properties -> LevelInfo, and set DefaultGameType to AoPrototype.AoGameInfo. Then it will preview top down in Alien Swarm, instead of UT2004 with an assault rifle.

Unless you were just giving us preview shots in first-person.

Comment

Thanks Carth, didnt know that... Its funny how 'off' the scaling is when comparing top down to FP O_o

Comment

Originally posted by Johnathan
          Thanks Carth, didnt know that... Its funny how 'off' the scaling is when comparing top down to FP O_o
          Check out nearly any Swarm level in FP mode.

Comment

Alright, since I had to reformat... I took a diffrent approach at this...
            I'm gonna model some drop ships and stuff later, but heres the drop zone of the map as it stands... I'll work on the hangar propper after I get off work tommorow

Drop pods would go here...

Panoramic

Suggestions always welcome

Comment

Looks nice, you surely can do a map lot quicker than I can
              The *mean French look* haunts...everywhere.

Look mom, I double A'd Moses -2kmix- heavy

Comment

The only thing that really leaps out about me there is the ground texture, its really overused in levels. try something in X_Terrain2, theres some pretty interesting stuff there.
                Phalanx Campaign
                Executive CEO of NCM Mining Co. (Corvus Campaign)

Comment

A map with new models is always welcome. It can really make a difference in a map. You either need imagination with putting old UT2004 models to new uses and combining them, or the ability to make new ones.

Comment

And the other mapmakers sure love to get even more textures
                    The *mean French look* haunts...everywhere.

Look mom, I double A'd Moses -2kmix- heavy

Comment

Did anyone notice it says "First Crack at a an alien swarm map"? I didn't until just now, must be like that thing where your mind reads what it expects

Comment

Carth; Yeah.... Soon as I get around to re-installing maya (had a massive hdd wipe ) I wanna put some content in... For sure I'm gonna be doing some audio work to enhance the 'military feel'

And as for the title: haha I was waiting for someone to notice that... I did the other day :X

*yawn* back to work...

Comment

Working...
                        X