Flowing Water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flowing Water

Can large ammounts of flowing water be done in U ed? (1024 units wide,edges and ends hidden) and a water fall that is visible edges.
    Alien Swarm Map List

No, try a voxel engine.

Comment

I've seen water falls in UT and Unreal before, but the flowing water was just a texture, not real water. You might be able to do something with water zones and an actor that moves pawns, though.
      Based on a true story.
      The prequel.

Comment

Huh, waterfall? Just use a sheet brush, slap some flowing- water texture on it and look at this (why the fuck did they remove the u-pan/v-pan flags in the surface properties) in the brush properties to make it moving with u-pan/v-pan. Crude basis for a waterfall tho, theres shit like adding spray and stuff, also probably a mesh would be better.

Same for water, use a water volume combined with a fluid surface info and edit the friction in the water volume properties, some u-pan/v-pan too. Dont know exactly what you mean by "edges and ends hidden", do you want to make some sea skybox?

Sorry for being vague, but i kept it short coz im not exactly sure if this is the answer youre looking for >.<
        My leet Thievery Map
        My leet UT3 Map
        My leet AS Map

Comment

If you want to go swimming, you might try a community pool.

Comment

Adult swim. Everybody outta the pool!

Seems i was wrong with the u-pan/v-pan stuff. You need to make some sort of special texture, but that goes way deeper than i dug into this stuff. There are probably already some premade ones tho, so go the good ol lazy way and use what others did creatively
            My leet Thievery Map
            My leet UT3 Map
            My leet AS Map

Comment

I Ought to add that the water in question cant be got too, at least, the only time(s : 2+ waterfall) u will die; but most of the time its seen through glass in the floor.
              Alien Swarm Map List

Comment

I was completely stuck for a level name, so i designed it around a hydro electric system, so the water flows under the map all the way through, inc' a waterfall(in a mini power plant), then i can call it AO-Hydro or something

it doesnt affect the map because i designed it into the map.
                Alien Swarm Map List

Comment

Hm if its just eyecandy (means players dont get to swim actually) then probably a fluid surface info would be enuff to make it look like theres water around. For the waterfall it still stands, probably a sheetbrush with some waterfallish texture on it (there gotta be some premade around) could suffice, for the spray you'd have to use some emitter or something. Im just about working myself into UEd3 myself so i cant give rock-solid advice
                  Last edited by Schleicher; 19th Sep 2005, 03:51 PM. Reason: Ued3 lol
                  My leet Thievery Map
                  My leet UT3 Map
                  My leet AS Map

Comment

Hydroelectrics have a sordid history in this forum.

Comment

I'm happy its the last thing im doing before the lighting
                      Alien Swarm Map List

Comment

Originally posted by Moses2k
                        Hydroelectrics have a sordid history in this forum.
                        Phalanx Campaign
                        Executive CEO of NCM Mining Co. (Corvus Campaign)

Comment

You could make the waterfall a static mesh with a moving water texture, and add some emitters for water splashing. Water can be done with a "FluidSurfaceInfo" actor, and with a moving texture you should be able to make it look like it's flowing with waves and all.
                          There are some ut2k4 stock maps that feature both flowing water and waterfalls, and otherwise there's plenty of tutorials.

Comment

Thats exactly what I did in my COR map
                            Phalanx Campaign
                            Executive CEO of NCM Mining Co. (Corvus Campaign)

Comment

Working...
                            X