AO-CleanSweep-PE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AO-CleanSweep-PE

Map originaly designed by TANKATIM, you can read the original post here.

Not finish yet, many problems need to be solved or have been already solved.
    Massive changes on the map including one new objective.
    No more comments! Enjoy thoses screenshots...

Entrance.JPG InfectionSource.JPG MainStorageRoom.JPG
    My AS2K4 map: Sulfure-SE
    And a fixed one: BehemothTournament-TE2

Have you made it End-Able?
    Alien Swarm Map List

Comment

Originally posted by Ki!ler-Mk1
      Have you made it End-Able?
      Posted previously: Massive changes on the map including one new objective.

Comment

Perhaps would be better to start with a new map than a TANKATIM map

Comment

Yeah, i know.
          But i dont have enough knowledge about UED to create one from the beginning... By doing this, i learn, and i allow the community to enjoy the map, caus like AO-Infested, this map is really buggy and we perfecly know that the creator never gonna correct it. One new map, or a tweaked map is always welcome by the community members.

I dont try to offend anyone you know... I dont want any credit for the map, i always link to the original one and i explain why i made those changes.
          After that one, i will probably create my own map.

Comment

You should make it NDE*, instead of PE, as it was playable before.

*Nodataedition
            Alien Swarm Map List

Comment

Originally posted by Ki!ler-Mk1
              as it was playable before.
              Are you...Sure? I only beated this once on easy with 3 bots just shooting everywhere, because it always lags too much...
              The *mean French look* haunts...everywhere.

Look mom, I double A'd Moses -2kmix- heavy

Comment

And its not the only problem: the top volume block the camera and dont allow it to move correctly (produce the strange glitch wen you walk over the pipe at the spawn point). Plus, if you play it online, you cant see the others marine that spawn with you! Same things for every aliens. For the added objective, i just wanna add something of simple, caus theres only 2 objectives in the whole map: Kill 40 eggs and hack a comp for nothing. Immediatly after your finish the hack, ZOMG! YOU WIN!

Comment

Originally posted by NoData
                  Yeah, i know.
                  But i dont have enough knowledge about UED to create one from the beginning... By doing this, i learn, and i allow the community to enjoy the map, caus like AO-Infested, this map is really buggy and we perfecly know that the creator never gonna correct it. One new map, or a tweaked map is always welcome by the community members.

I dont try to offend anyone you know... I dont want any credit for the map, i always link to the original one and i explain why i made those changes.
                  After that one, i will probably create my own map.
                  Its actually easier to make you own map, if you edit a map, you have to "copy" that theme and use it. Whereas in your own map you can do anything. Take moses's Crabshack for example
                  Anyway the best way to work a map is to first of all. The Basics, the worst things mappers are tempted to do is right at the start make it fancy. BAD BAD BAD! Go simple, add your bsp, then add basic lighting, then you add your static meshes, then advanced lighting, then do stuff like emitters, movers, vehicles, deco, advanced pathing.
                  Like, with the map in my sig, i did exactly as i posted in that order(miss out the vehicles and such) and its turning out easy to edit and add stuff in. Whereas i edited trainingday, added another tunnel, and stuff, but theres no space to do anything. And i want my own theme for my stuff. If you download my map, and press "w" to take the static meshes away, and use the "Textured only" viewport. You can see it is really simple, then you add the static meshes back, then lighting, adn you see how it progresses.
                  Anyway good work!
                  Your order has been dispatched!

Comment

how about converting it to the 1st custom telic map? =)
                    ..it's safer here.

Comment

Cleansweep already has a playable and beatable version...it's just not hosting on any servers I know of. The major bug with the map (once the insta-fire-death at start was cleared up) was that crouching on some grates would trap you in the floor.

Comment

Originally posted by Baz
                        how about converting it to the 1st custom telic map? =)
                        maybe in my first map yeah

Originally posted by Moses2k
                        Cleansweep already has a playable and beatable version...it's just not hosting on any servers I know of. The major bug with the map (once the insta-fire-death at start was cleared up) was that crouching on some grates would trap you in the floor.
                        all solved

Comment

Originally posted by Moses2k
                          Ao-CleanSweep2, right? I know I've seen it somewhere, but it seems like I only have the original.
                          Based on a true story.
                          The prequel.

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzzy Bunny
                            Ao-CleanSweep2, right? I know I've seen it somewhere, but it seems like I only have the original.
                            What?!?!? Version 2 of the map??? I hope you mean AO-Cleanup2!

Comment

No...what did you think we were talking about? There's already a playable version...might be on maps4mods or Forcegamers. However, it still has the crouch bug.

Comment

Working...
                              X