Bug City

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bug City

is anyone looking at fixing the exit on this awesome map ie: being able to get on the train to finish
    also known as mega ,On the internet, everyone can hear you scream - it's just that no-one cares.except moses{also been known to use rapidfire}was also here before fuzzy and moses

You could always finish this map, what's the problem you're experiencing?
    The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.

Comment

He mentioned it.

Comment

The problem is that you dont need to be on the train to complete the map... Its because the last objective is a "survive X time" objective, so, where ever you are in the map, you can complete it! It only need another objective after the countdown with a exit zoneinfo around the train...
        My AS2K4 map: Sulfure-SE
        And a fixed one: BehemothTournament-TE2

Comment

i do not have a problem on the map just thought the ending wasnt right
          also known as mega ,On the internet, everyone can hear you scream - it's just that no-one cares.except moses{also been known to use rapidfire}was also here before fuzzy and moses

Comment

Its a big map, and its ok as it is, if abiet laggy with the "i aint never gona give up" aliens.
            Alien Swarm Map List

Comment

It's OK, apart from the millions of bugs. The map lives up to its name in that respect, or perhaps it should have been called BuggyCity?

Anyway, unfortunately they are map breaking bugs really. It's possible to finish the map how the mapper intended, but how many people will when they can roofhax in so many places to avoid the aliens.

Probably a few blocking volumes and an exit zone like Salvage should fix it, and make this map a lot harder too.

Could be optimized a bit too, but that's another matter. It really needs that many aliens because of the huge streets.

Comment

The reason it's difficult is cause it lags so bad whenever you set off one of the huge spawns...
                It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

But it's piss easy with a flamer... that's how unbalanced it is. This is one of the easier rambo challenge maps because the streets are so wide that running around with a flamer is easy. But not with any other weapon

Comment

Except the endind of the map, the probably only, but HUGE problem is that every spawn are set to "MoveToTheNearestEnemy", thats just heating up any server cpu like hell (produce thoses strange lag spikes at the begin of the map when you run trough west). I know that since a long time... Personnaly, i did one version were i have change every spawn to "AOT_Hibernate". Lag have been reduce of 50%! There still too mutch alien spawned, but its pretty less laggy.

I have many maps fixed you know... AO-CleanSweep-PE is pretty done, and AO-BugCity-PE is not complete yet, but the version i have is really less laggy... I really dont know if i should release it! No one are autorized by maps creator.

AO-BehemothTournament is really close to be done too (this one is gonna be released since RBP request me to do it).

Comment

I gotta try if AO-2NiceBoxesofShit gets affected by these weapons

Maybe the GL...
                      The *mean French look* haunts...everywhere.

Look mom, I double A'd Moses -2kmix- heavy

Comment

Originally posted by Phantaloz
                        I gotta try if AO-2NiceBoxesofShit gets affected by these weapons

Maybe the GL...
                        Already tried with many ppl, and it work perfectly! The vents are more dangerous than ever, since the flares burns a limited amount of time! All the new guns dont affect the map and work pretty well.

Comment

I've Never seen any problems with bugcity(well exept that you can camp it out waiting for the bridges to lower).
                          Alien Swarm Map List

Comment

Theres no major problem with bugcity, except the massive lag 50% of the time and those 100 roof hax...

Comment

I never observe lag.
                              Alien Swarm Map List

Comment

Working...
                              X