how do you create your own map?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.darkuranium.ath.cx/forum_viewtopic.php?6.206
    A mapping tutorial I wrote... I forgot to include a sample map (I will in the update), sorry for that...

And as those guys said... Mapping is easy, but you gotta learn how to do it.

So, if you want to join us, just sign below that line for your death sent... Erm, mapping contract
    SoulBreakers admin/founder

Explosives are just like marijuana - You can get high on them.

Comment

Textures-Compressing

What compression is better for the textures that we can import?
      Is there any serious difference between the types? (Both in quality and size)
      Antikythera mechanism
      KISSSSSS

Comment

DXT (.dds) compression

Use DXT1 if you don't use alpha channels. Use DXT3 or 5 for alpha (there's a slight difference)

If you use .bmp or .tga your map/package will be huge

Comment

Thanks. I noticed that just one tga 256X256 texture had some effect in the size and I was wondering.
          Antikythera mechanism
          KISSSSSS

Comment

Originally posted by sofos
            Thanks. I noticed that just one tga 256X256 texture had some effect in the size and I was wondering.
            Yeh, Remmember, Textures always have to be to the power of 2. (152,256,1024, etc.) Or they won't import.
            Your order has been dispatched!

Comment

Originally posted by deathispainfull
              Yeh, Remmember, Textures always have to be to the power of 2. (152,256,1024, etc.) Or they won't import.
              For a dds it must also be a multiple of 4

Comment

Buzzers suicide

I have a map with a lava pool. There is a passage that leads to a computer that must be hacked. I want buzzers to start attacking the player (started using event). So I use spawners but I have to place them at least 800 units away from the computer, so that the player doesn't see them spawning. The problem is that buzzers never reach the player, because they fall to the lava and die. I have tried raising their speed scale, but it looks very funny buzzers flying 3 times faster than normal.(plus without auto-aim you can't kill them). Is there anything else I can do, or I should change my idea. And generally these buzzers fly or just moving staight until they find an enemy or an obstacle?
                Antikythera mechanism
                KISSSSSS

Comment

You can place a blocking volume that blocks only buzzers, check out AO-Uplink to see how it works.
                  It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

Thanks. I will check it.
                    Antikythera mechanism
                    KISSSSSS

Comment

You can change the distance aliens "see" you as well

Comment

I thought they had no eye's and could only hear and smell you, altough, have you ever seen ears on them? 0_o
                        Your order has been dispatched!

Comment

Originally posted by BiG_D
                          You can place a blocking volume that blocks only buzzers, check out AO-Uplink to see how it works.
                          Bloking volume Properties-> BlockedClass-> AoBuzzerPawn
                          && bClassBlocker True. That is so powerful. I didn't know that thanks.
                          Antikythera mechanism
                          KISSSSSS

Comment

Pfff... real buzzers do fly!
                            Don't use no good sigma buzzarses!
                            --

Comment

You all remind me of what my first counter strike map looked like , those were good times...

Comment

Working...
                              X