No announcement yet.

AO-Sulfure-SE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's a shot from one of the reconaissance spiders secretly dropped beforehand by IAF Intelligence, showing the arrival of our marines:

Before the mission Murphy managed to hack security systems and intercept this image from a failing security cam in an attempt to discover more about the facility's interior and layout:

This image is taken from the facility's maintainance crew training guide, the eggs were jokingly photoshopped in by unknown vandals:

And here's another highly classified shot from a security camera, showing the facility's storage area, in the extreme left an unknown bioluminescent reaction thought to occur during parasite stasis:
    [THN] Gaming community - www.thehavennet.org.uk
    Proud admin of the THN AlienSwarm server #3 at 82.156.164.3:7777 and #4 at 87.117.203.96:7777. Teamspeak at: teamspeak.thehavennet.org.uk (def. port)

Comment

nooooooooooo you stole our idea!

quick hurtz! assault them with your phallus! D:

Comment

I would like to remind you that such measures are inefective considering my persona.

What was your idea?
        Proud admin of the THN AlienSwarm server #3 at 82.156.164.3:7777 and #4 at 87.117.203.96:7777. Teamspeak at: teamspeak.thehavennet.org.uk (def. port)

Comment

We've done it with far more proity. My phallus will not be assualting anyone today.
          Phalanx Campaign
          Executive CEO of NCM Mining Co. (Corvus Campaign)

Comment

Well i did it first.

And i had to make do with ND's maps. Blame him. :p

Comment

Originally posted by Pestcontrol
              Well i did it first.
              LIES!..you just got it on the forums first!

Comment

That's like saying "I ran faster but you crossed the finishline first."

It makes you look like a ph00l.

Comment

How to explain that... Map release was supposed to be tomorow, but i had at bad new a few minute ago. My cousin just die in a car accident. He smashed a concrete pilar under a bridge of Montréal and died instantly. I go meet my family tomorow. Map will be release soon as i can. Sincerely sorry, and thanks for you comprention. ND
                  My AS2K4 map: Sulfure-SE
                  And a fixed one: BehemothTournament-TE2

Comment

Originally posted by NoData
                    How to explain that... Map release was supposed to be tomorow, but i had at bad new a few minute ago. My cousin just die in a car accident. He smashed a concrete pilar under a bridge of Montréal and died instantly. I go meet my family tomorow. Map will be release soon as i can. Sincerely sorry, and thanks for you comprention. ND
                    Oh, thats awful, You need not apologise.
                    Alien Swarm Map List

Comment

• My condolences, NoData.
                      "Spera: Ooh! Ooh! You hear that? A bird singing out amidst our desolation. It's a miracle. The miracle called supper."

--Lucifer #28, Breaking & Entering

Comment

• Thanks to all. Last weekend was pretty hard for me and my familly. Hes now rest in peace.

The good news now! Map is done! Really! But i have a major problem! The bots dont do the difference between a bridge or a lava pit! And they fall down most of the time! So if we want the map single player friendly, i dont have the choice, i need to wait and find a way to prevent that. I have msg Carth about it, but if someone have an idea, or know a specific class bloker for bot (but not for controled marine), give me the hint! Caus doing a map of 25 minutes and see your hack falling down on a pit for no damn reason is not really cool!! Thanks
                        My AS2K4 map: Sulfure-SE
                        And a fixed one: BehemothTournament-TE2

Comment

• maybe a physics volume that only pushes aomarines with aicontrollers?
                          ..it's safer here.

Comment

• Could pathnodes help your situation?
                            The *mean French look* haunts...everywhere.

Look mom, I double A'd Moses -2kmix- heavy

Comment

• Originally posted by Phantaloz
                              Could pathnodes help your situation?
                              Yes, stop them following a path that makes them walk off by adding the PathNode to the ProscribedPaths list. Show paths in the 3D view, and check any that look like something a lemming would do, and disable them with proscribed paths. Then they'll follow the bridge route

Blocking volume would be nice as well, but if you only want it to block bots and not people, I don't think that's possible. I tried such a thing, and couldn't get a class that blocked only bots.

Comment

• Aye, pathnodes are probably what you want.

About the bot blocking volume: suppose someone jumps a marine into the blocking volume, then switches to a different marine, what would happen?
                                Based on a true story.
                                The prequel.

Comment

Working...
                                X