No announcement yet.

UED3 General : Placing Vehicles in DM-Maps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mystery solved. Downloaded a premade VSOverride.u from here and followed the instructions. Bazong, worked. Me so happy.

Now to find time for mapping (mostly terrain which is shit-easy and no fancy crap brushwork, simplicity, and no way i'll start making meshes again, but still...):S
    My leet Thievery Map
    My leet UT3 Map
    My leet AS Map

Comment

What exactly are you making?

Comment

Atm nothing at all, except for some testing and remembering stuff ^^

Concept is its gonna be something pretty simple, basically just some wreckish highway parts going thru some big hills with tunnels and bridges serving as some kind of race track and a big bunker embedded into the surrounding cliffs overlooking the whole thing, high, cylindrical shaped with several floors, fortified with some turrets, sniper positions/peekholes and shit, with some Tank garage underground , so basically you can go crazy on the tracks in the early rounds and in the later ones the high-levlers can do their thing outside while the low levelers got a mole hole, exact interior architecture not yet there, gotta have to brew that in my mind some more time, probably some little bunkers too like those the marines have in Starcraft. Dim greyish light outside, interior lights probably variations of pale orange in the highway tunnels, bunker interior no idea, probably nothing at all depending on how many openings it'll have, very light fog with rain, some kind of "Yay its monday, time to work" / vietnamese rice-field on a cold morning-like athmosphere, grassy, sandish terrain with little to no vegetation depending on how bland it looks, probably ruinded highway pieces lying around serving as ramps to jump around, probably a river flowing into some small lake/pond below a pylon making parts sack in to bring some variation. Little texture variation, mostly concrete for architecture, will probably have to look for some more realistic looking than those coming with the game. Only colors in the map will probably be greenish, brownish, grey. Item placement, ill see, for sure not adrenaline pills and health vials strewn everywhere, probably just weapon station thingies near spawnpoints and some strategical locations, gotta think about that when theres at least some map to show for. Vehicles, some Hellbenders at the "start" of the racing track, two tanks in the garage below the bunker, one Raptor on some elevated position/platform in the hills and a few Mantas no idea where. No particular Story, in fact ill plan to name it "DM-DummRumfaahn" which somewhat translates to "DM-Driving-around-sillay" Oh yeah, and the bunker WILL have a big, red angry face on it, just for the sake of it (tho ill try and go for the weathered look as far as Paint and Irfanview allow ^^).

So there you have it, my big vision. Lets see how it fares when faced with a fluctuant motivation, UED itself, and schedules. Altho the theme should allow pretty simple brushwork, terrain i could probably slap together in a few days

Holy fuck, words
        My leet Thievery Map
        My leet UT3 Map
        My leet AS Map

Comment

OK, I didn't read it. Use paragraphs please.

Comment

I paragraphed around with that post abit, looked somewhat tidy and longer but didnt make it more structured. Thats how it is atm, no clear picture, lotsa puzzle pieces trying to flow together, how pretentious that may sound ^^

Jeez, how horribly spoiled you all are thanks to these fora (woopwoop). Too much coherent sentences, proper spelling and all that. Pff, paragraphs! There are places out there in which those who dont replace vowels with numbers in at least 3 words per sentence are considered grammar nazis! No appreciation, always more more more
            My leet Thievery Map
            My leet UT3 Map
            My leet AS Map

Comment

Comment

My leet Thievery Map
                My leet UT3 Map
                My leet AS Map

Comment

RPG invasion for the lose. You killed invasion

Comment

Well, without the number-raising its real pointless and boring anyway so i aint crying. That would be like playing Thievery and you dont get to keep the loot...errrr...have to forget how to KO..um...like playing AS without getting those fancy medals and skillpoints at the end.
                    My leet Thievery Map
                    My leet UT3 Map
                    My leet AS Map

Comment

Originally posted by Schleicher
                      Well, without the number-raising its real pointless and boring anyway so i aint crying.
                      I don't see "number-raising" in any other UT gametype. You all start equal, and win by being good. There's a place for RPGs, and it's not in first person shooters

Comment

Originally posted by Carth
                        You all start equal, and win by being good.
                        Inv RPG aint about being good or bad or whateva, its not even Player vs Player so that question doesnt even arise. Its running around frantically blasting stuff without break, having a good time. You can jump in quickly and even if you dont play day and night to be "good" meaning you dont have as a high level as others you can still help winning by smart play, if you loose, no biggie and if its a win everybody wins. Dont see what the ruckus is, gotta be way more normal than RPG servers ad ya dont need to play it if ya dont like it ^^

Besides, I find it to be very relaxing opposed to PvP which i absolutely dread to play in some sort of teams because it mostly brings out the worst in me. Either i despise those which are playing worse than me because they drag the team down or im suspicious of those which are better than me coz they could use cheats (even if i sorta know them) and the other team is the goddarn enemy to be wiped anyway. You wont hear any friendly words from me during such matches. On top of that im a sore loser, considering every gg of the victorous team a mockery of murder-worthy proportions (and they used some lame tricks probably anyways so STUFF YOUR GG SOMEWHERE THE SUN DONT SHINE AGRR) and a sore winner since i value the defeat, the "putting them in their place" of the enemy more than the achievement of the team and its gonna be forgotten as soon as things go slighty wrong the next round. Even whilst playing TUT i found myself not totally imune to that. Naw, webs full of that and i dont need to contribute to it further. In Coop everybody is heppyheppy.

And isnt heppy better? ^______^
                        My leet Thievery Map
                        My leet UT3 Map
                        My leet AS Map

Comment

You can jump in quickly and even if you dont play day and night to be "good" meaning you dont have as a high level as others you can still help winning by smart play, if you loose, no biggie and if its a win everybody wins.
                          Hmm well actually you don't "jump" onto an RPG server, that's why they are RPGs. They favour playing for a long time. I guess it's whether you'd rather be rewarded for playing well, or for playing for a long time.

Don't get me wrong. I like RPGs, but RPG invasion is crap. Not because it's an RPG, but because it's crap.

Comment

Of course you'd probably favor one server if ya play RPG Inv, otherwise what would be the point. "Jumping in" more like a quick game now and then without any of those disadvantages like not knowing the map etc. If you dont play well you die alot and wont get far and if you play long you gonna play well-er (jeez ^^), and thats the way in every game, RPG Inv has just the additional stats/abilities stuff, dont quite get the hating on your part.

As for the crap part, how does that redundant saying go? "Thats just your opinion"
                            My leet Thievery Map
                            My leet UT3 Map
                            My leet AS Map

Comment

Sacrificed blood to Belial and it doesnt work.
                              Belial? Bah.

Try Khorne.

Comment

Working...
                              X