Ao-BarrelBomb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ao-BarrelBomb

UPDATE---The name of the map has changed now.

Ao-FinalSwarm
    ----...----
    C:/My Documents/Messages/ToConrad.txt
    ----Opening File----
    ----...----
    Bad news, Conrad
    Almost all of the Aliens has been killed, but it seems there is only 1 place where the Aliens spead out. Its on you and your marines to destory the last swarm of Aliens, you will be deployed by the energy core. And our radar detects Alien lives behind each door of glass. Open 1 of 1 of them and kill the Aliens inside.
    Good luck, Conrad.
    ----Closing...----
    --End--

As you see i am building a map, and so far i know there is no other map that have the same idea as me. But the problem is, i can't play the map anymore, if i just select my marines, and click op start, i hear the sound, but nothing happen, only sometimes it works. you can post here your help about the problem or give comments

Red= means its fixed
    I changed the name of the map, and i like it

Here are some pictures
    Attached Files
    Last edited by eXperion; 14 May 2006, 10:30 AM.

Do you see the portaits of the marines? Have you build your paths? There is a chance some of your playerstarts are in bad places and so sometimes the marines spawn from them and you cannot play. Check also to see if there is any blocking volume. Also you say that you cannot play anymore. Do you remember adding something that caused that.
    Hope that helps.
    Comments after I see more pictures
    There are some other threads about that problem although most of them refer to online. Have a look
    Antikythera mechanism
    KISSSSSS

Comment

Always makes me happy to see people still mapping for swarm this long down the line.. keep it up

Also.. single maps don't get as much attention as campaigns, maybe the corvus team would welcome some additional map..

Some suggestions:
      * The lighting looks very plain - use small radius & scattered light sources with a mixture of colors and brightness (see Rescue)
      * Break the geometry and make trims for transition points (dont just slap textures on a plain walls - carve some shapes with bsp and meshes - eg. see Saviour)
      * The glass door rim needs a skin
      * Favour ingenuitiy over quantity when placing aliens & spawns (a single well placed alien can kill a squad, a lot of them kill your fps - eg. see Research for aliens that attack from the back, come from multiple directions, have delayed spawns, etc.)
      --

Comment

Originally posted by sofos
        Do you see the portaits of the marines? Have you build your paths? There is a chance some of your playerstarts are in bad places and so sometimes the marines spawn from them and you cannot play. Check also to see if there is any blocking volume. Also you say that you cannot play anymore. Do you remember adding something that caused that.
        Hope that helps.
        Comments after I see more pictures
        There are some other threads about that problem although most of them refer to online. Have a look
        I just rebuild AI paths, and i see: Playerstart 1 cannot be used (something like that)
        so i removed it and added an other, even i already fixed it before i saw your reaction. Thank you

Comment

Ok. Then i am waiting to play your map.( I don't understand why you named it barrelbomb maybe you can rename it to something that fits the description better.)
          Antikythera mechanism
          KISSSSSS

Comment

I´d also change the description a bit.

Bad news, Conrad
            Almost all of the Aliens has been killed, but it seems there is only 1 place where the Aliens spead out. Its on you and your marines to destory the last swarm of Aliens, you will be deployed by the energy core. And our radar detects Alien lives behind each door of glass. Open 1 of 1 of them and kill the Aliens inside.
            Good luck, Conrad.
            To something like:

Bad news Conrad:
            Almost all of the Aliens have been killed, but it seems there is still one place where they prosper. Its on you and your team to destroy the last of the Swarm. You will be deployed near the energy core. Also, be advised, our thermal scans have detected several signals near strategic points [Glass Doors]. Open each one and kill the Aliens inside.

Note: Its just a suggestion but that glass doors part still looks kinda weird. Maybe add a little bit to justify that part.
            "Spera: Ooh! Ooh! You hear that? A bird singing out amidst our desolation. It's a miracle. The miracle called supper."

--Lucifer #28, Breaking & Entering

Comment

"Lets see whats behind door number ONE!"
              http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/bg/t...isoldier28.png

Comment

Nope. -__-
                "Spera: Ooh! Ooh! You hear that? A bird singing out amidst our desolation. It's a miracle. The miracle called supper."

Comment

search and destroy all infestations wherever you find them
                  also known as mega ,On the internet, everyone can hear you scream - it's just that no-one cares.except moses{also been known to use rapidfire}was also here before fuzzy and moses

Comment

That still doesn´t explain the sudden taste of the Swarm for glass doors. :S

Comment

no need to you will be able to see them,also depends on psisoldier if he uses breakable glass
                      also known as mega ,On the internet, everyone can hear you scream - it's just that no-one cares.except moses{also been known to use rapidfire}was also here before fuzzy and moses

Comment

Update

UPDATE 1

i have got new screens, and i am adding a lava part
                        everyday i am working on it, because i have school. I have less time to make it.
                        I hope you guys like it

Some pictures in firstperson view
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by reemulmyu
                          no need to you will be able to see them,also depends on psisoldier if he uses breakable glass
                          How in hell does it depend on me?
                          http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/bg/t...isoldier28.png

Comment

sorry wrong mapper

Comment

Originally posted by reemulmyu
                              sorry wrong mapper
                              What do you mean wrong mapper ?

Comment

Working...
                              X