Stim Music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stim Music

Okey dokes, I'm working on my "secret" project and I need to know something about stim music... Exactly how long does it last? 10 -20 second?
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/bg/t...isoldier28.png

Under 17 second, caus at 17, if you non-stop stim, after 3-4 shot, the music dindt have the time to stop when another one start. Sulfure one is 16 second, and theres never any double play at the same time.
    My AS2K4 map: Sulfure-SE
    And a fixed one: BehemothTournament-TE2

Comment

Rtfm

Comment

Next question, how do you set it up so the map uses custom stim music rather than the bog standard music?

Comment

See above

Comment

What's RTFM?

Comment

RTFM

EDIT:
              Alien Swarm Map List

Comment

RTFM first then ask
                also known as mega ,On the internet, everyone can hear you scream - it's just that no-one cares.except moses{also been known to use rapidfire}was also here before fuzzy and moses

Comment

First I thought, that's not very polite, just telling him to RTFM.

Then again, if you had rtfm before, you maybe would have found the answer. So if he had brovided a ling to the specific manooal entry, it would have been more polite, but maybe less effective in the long run. So telling someone who has just proven he needs it to rtfm isn't polite, yet good advice.

Not clear what the manual is here, but a forum search or even googling 'stim music map' digs out a thread in which your question is solved I guess. At the very least it would did out some names of people who probably know.

And I am really thankful for that link to the RTFM Wikipedia entry, Ki!ler, nice. Especially one document linked there I really liked, 'How to ask smart questions'.

Those are Linux and Open source freaks talking there, me still using the dam mykrosux don't get it all. But still very readable. I plan to heart much of the advice I got there, for my next question...

There is a passage about giving good answers, too. The RTFM yell is considered a good move, if used on the right occasion.

small quote from there, I think it's a variation of an old chinese proverb
                  Answering one good question is like feeding a hungry person one meal, but teaching them research skills by example is teaching them to grow food for a lifetime.

Comment

I like your new avatar, lightfoot.

Comment

I am very proud of it, though it is not my work.

Ah Moses man, will you come to that other thread (threat?), about the knife, and help me there?

Psi, good luck with your project.

I for my part just begun using the UnrealEd, but I already have the impression that it hates me. Luckily I found out soon that this seems to be its normal behaviour, and nothing personal.

Comment

Originally posted by lightfoot View Post
                        Psi, good luck with your project.
                        Yes, despite everything, we are glad that you're helping to increase the replayability of our favorite game. Speaking of...what ever happened to AO-TrainingTheAliensDay?

Comment

I have a copy. I think DiP was working on a version 2 though.
                          Based on a true story.
                          The prequel.

Comment

Alien Swarm doesn't come with a manual. Nor is the question answered in the mapping docs. If you really don't have anything to contribute you might as well stick to Comm Chat.

The custom stim music can be set in AoMissionInfo object's properties under AoMissionInfo -> CustomStimTheme.
                            Ah, to be a hero. Keeping such company...

Comment

I wasn't quite aware until now how ineffective the forum's search function was.

Comment

Working...
                              X