Mod inquiry-Small ammo bag?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mod inquiry-Small ammo bag?

I recently thought of a new item additon for the secondary slot of a small ammo pouch that could hold 4-5 clips of rile ammo, or shot gun reaload, etc.. (only one type and very limited number)

This would let players choose a smaller ammo pack for their weapon if they'd prefer isntead of the pistol, medkit, torch etc..

However I currently at a bit of a loss as to what I need to alter to create this. (mainly where the files for all the guns, ammo bag, etc. is loacted in the alien swarm folder. Once I find out where they are and how to unpack them into a readable format I can probably take it form there.)

Can someone point me in the right direction?
    Lead by example or get out of the way.

Open up Unreal ED and load some of the packages in the UT2004\AlienSwarm\System folder.

Have a look at UnrealWiki also, for more Unreal ED help.
    Based on a true story.
    The prequel.

Comment

class smammo extends ammobog;
      {
      if(!fire) isa.onlybell;
      }
      ..it's safer here.

Comment

Ammoblag?

Comment

ammobag2 extends ammobag

netbegindplay

{
          super();

ammobag.explode();

}
          http://www.squee.biz/matrix.exe
          http://serverinfo.squee.biz

Comment

That's an ammoBLOCK not an ammoBAG

Comment

Um... I'm much more used to editing .lua files for games like warhammer 40k and homeworld 2, or the simple .txt files from Sword of the Stars.

The netbegindplay

{
              super();

ammobag.explode();

Makes no sense to me.

I;ve figured out how to open up the files in unreal editor, but now I'm utterly lost as to what I'm trying to look for and where to find it.

(In .lua files most everything was more or less in simple english with values assigned to numbers, etc..)

class smammo extends ammobog;
              {
              if(!fire) isa.onlybell;
              }

What's the isa/onlybell mean? and how does one alter that to change it?

Comment

Right then, besides Fuzzy, none of those guys who posted had anything helpful to say, so just ignore them. (As an aside for them: if you're not going to help, don't fucking post.)

Unrealscript is likely quite a bit more difficult than anything you're used to. If you really want to learn it, the wiki Fuzzy posted is likely the best place. Most of the code you'll need to use can be copied from other swarm classes, I'd think, but it could still be a daunting project for a beginner.

I haven't done much scripting lately, but offhand I would say you need to do the following:
                • subclass the ammobag inventory item, and change the size & contents (and other small details like the description and icon)
                • subclass the ammobag pickup and change the mesh so it doesn't look like a normal ammo bag if you drop it
                • create a mutator to place the new ammobag in the inventory screen

I'd also recommend doing some research on the wiki into exporting the .u files, so you don't have to edit from within unrealed.
                It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

Thanks a ton Big D, that's exactly the kind of response I was looking for also thanks Fuzzy for the link to the wiki.

Comment

Working...
                  X