Unlocks Mutator v1.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unlocks Mutator v1.1

This is a v1.1 fix for the Unlock Mutator created by Butters, fixed by NoData (yeah, my first coding/fixing attempt! )
    See that thread for the original version: http://forums.blackcatgames.com/show...39&postcount=1
    And that thread for the v1.1: http://forums.blackcatgames.com/showthread.php?p=198964

This is a small mutator which allows you to play campaign games with the single map 'unlock bonuses'. It has been tested online and appears to work fine, although it is known to produce some extra lines in the log files. Other than that I haven't found any problems.

FIX IN THIS VERSION:
    ---------------------------------

The original version coded by Butters was mostly perfect. All the options worked fine exept one thing: If a player entered any "mutate" console comands when the mutator was running, it always displayed the options available when a mutate comand was incorrect or simply rejected.

Nothing really important there, but with the reserved slot mutator active, it became really anyoing... Each time some tried to take the lead (with the "mutate takeleadership" comand) and was rejected (most of the time because the leader already had a reserved slot too), the mutator automaticly spit out all the available variations msg. This is now fixed. The msg will only show up with the complete (and correct) comand:

> mutate variation

INSTALLATION:

Put all the files into your "UT2004/AlienSwarm/System/" folder. If hosting, you need to add:

ServerPackages=MutUnlocks

to your AlienSwarm.ini under the [Engine.GameEngine] section.

RUNNING THE MUTATOR

When you launch the server, just append the following string to your servers mutator options:

"?mutator=MutUnlocks.MutUnlocks"

to the normal command line.

eg. ecc.exe server ao-rescue?mutator=mutunlocks.mutunlocks

Once in the roster, the team leader (or the server admin logged in) can type:

> mutate Variation
    Will display all the available options.

The following variations are available: Hardcore, Carnage, Uber, Camera90, Camera180 or Camera270.
    Simply use a mutate comand folowed by your choice to enable it, example:

>mutate Uber
    Will turn Uber mode on and randomly spawn and replace regular aliens with the much tougher Uber variety.

IMPORTANT NOTES!!

Only 1 game mode and 1 camera angle can be set at time. To disable a variation for whatever reason, you can reapply a new mode in place of the existing one without having to start the map over ("game mode" over "game mode", and "camera angle" over another "camera angle"). Or just click once for the "Normal" mode/angle button from the Option menu in the map roster to reset it. The map will then play under that variation for both single maps and campaigns.

!! This needs to be set at the start of every map. !!

DOWNLOAD

Thanks Butters for this really usefull mutator!

Download: UnlocksMutatorV1.1

As usual, you can already enjoy that mutator on my server. NoData
    My AS2K4 map: Sulfure-SE
    And a fixed one: BehemothTournament-TE2

Kickin' cool.

Comment

Originally posted by NoData View Post
      . All the options worked fine exept one thing: If a player entered any "mutate" console comands when the mutator was running, it always displayed the options available when a mutate comand was incorrect or simply rejected.
      I think that was added as a feature, much like most DOS programs will show you the possible options if you enter an unknown switch command... at least I assume that for incorrect commands. Rejected commands I could see why you would not like it doing that. Anyway Good work!
      I'd Be More Apathetic... If I Wasn't So Lethargic

Comment

Working...
      X