Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Is The Best Way

what is best zoning,portals or anti portals
    also known as mega ,On the internet, everyone can hear you scream - it's just that no-one cares.except moses{also been known to use rapidfire}was also here before fuzzy and moses

Depends!
    Wiki has a decent page on map optimisation.
    FYI UE3 does away with zoning and antiportals
    ..it's safer here.

Comment

Ed question

@mega: I will use this thread for unrelated mapping questions, if you don't mind.

How do I include all the telic actors to make them appear in the Ed?

I have to add them under EditPackages, right? Which packages exactly, and is there something else I need to do?

I think we can assume that nearly every Alien Swarm player has Telic installed.

Comment

How do I include all the telic actors to make them appear in the Ed?
        If you just want them to appear in the actor class browser for manual placement, simply open the respective package (AoTelicBeta for most of the Telic custom code, AoTelicGuns contains GLR, Pulse and Tesla, AoTelic contains the brain and some objective related stuff used mainly in Smattbac's maps)

Comment

Thanks Don. But I just tried and added those under EditPackages in the AlienSwarm.ini, seems to do the jub, too. They appear like all the other actors in the tree now.

Alright I got another one:

Why don't the CorpseDecorations work? By default they don't. And even if I assign a mesh and a skin. What is missing?

Ah, and one more:

That 'tracker' item, coming with the telic camp, can't be dropped again, if picked up, so it effectively blocks the primary or secondary items slot. Like the cigar blocks the xtra slot. Can it be made droppable? I guess only with subclassing it? ...uh, so much to learn.

What does it do, actually, do you know that? Is it just what it looks like, a scanner for non-techs?

Comment

CorpseDecorations do work. I think there was just some default setting that needed to be altered, but forgot which one it was. Just copy and paste the dead man at the bottom of the lift shaft at the end of Ao-TE-Tunnel.

The tracker item is an incomplete leftover class and not functional in its current state. The original idea was for it to replace the ordinary tracker and combined with special target actors to produce red dots on the HUD scanner. Think 'find the objective more easily'. If you want that thing finished, poke Butters about it and good luck

Comment

i would also like to know about corpse decos and how do you get them to work,so i can litter AO.overrun with bodies
              also known as mega ,On the internet, everyone can hear you scream - it's just that no-one cares.except moses{also been known to use rapidfire}was also here before fuzzy and moses

Comment

I would like to know how to teach my opponents about the MAGIC of orbital bombardment, but I'm unable to setup a functional ion satellite in ASw. Can you help me, Ann Landers? You are my only hope.

Comment

I believe there's an actor used in some ONS maps for that.
                  Based on a true story.
                  The prequel.

Comment

Dude...I totally know that.

Comment

It depends who your opponents are....
                      Also a thread-relevant question: Can you get the new Ued somehow or it exists only in my imagination?
                      Antikythera mechanism
                      KISSSSSS

Comment

You can, but the way I know involves money.
                        http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/bg/t...isoldier28.png

Comment

OH NOES!11! PSYSOLDER HAS SEKRET NOLEGE!!!

http://www.roboblitz.com/ be a game with the new unreal engine which comes with the editor you seek.
                          ..it's safer here.

Comment

OH NOES!11! BAZZ HAS SPILLEDZ TEH SEKRET NOLEGE!!!

You have to purchase the full game before getting access to the map ed. That be ye problem, yarr...
                            http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/bg/t...isoldier28.png

Comment

Working...
                            X