Odd volumes and alien triggers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd volumes and alien triggers.

Hi, can aliens trigger, er, triggers if so what settings on the the trigger need setting?

Is there an "Allow only" version of the blocking volume?
    Alien Swarm Map List

@Triggers: ClassProximity / AoAlienPawn(Base)

@BlockingVolumes: by default, No. I think there was a custom one floating around on the net somewhere though. But since there are really only three basic actor types moving around in Alien swarm, AoMarines, AoAlienPawnBases and Projectiles, stacking class blocking volumes is a cheap alternative usually.

A brief description of the specific problem you have might allow for a more in depth analysis though.

Comment

Thanks Donator.

I want to make a hole in the floor that only 1 type of alien will fall through, so it'd block grenades, marines, weapons, equiptment, and of course all the other aliens, most of the time this shouldnt be a problem as the hole will only be as big as the alien that i want to fall in, give or take a little bit.

Also, is it possible to teleport aliens(dont think i need this anyway).
      Alien Swarm Map List

Comment

Also for example, if there was an alien on a map with so many hit points that it cant die, is there a way to make it stop chaseing one marine and attack another one, and how oftern they change the target they're chasing.

Oh, and is there a way to have a volume to kill aliens(so the amount on the map doesnt pile up eg, i dont need 10 elvis running around in little holes in the floor )

I've thought about crushing them.

Originally posted by Donator View Post
        @Triggers: ClassProximity / AoAlienPawn(Base)
        Triggers set like this are ok when marines walk past, but not for aliens, am i doing it wrong?
        Last edited by Ki!ler-Mk1; 5 Feb 2007, 10:57 AM.
        Alien Swarm Map List

Comment

Originally posted by Ki!ler-Mk1 View Post
          Oh, and is there a way to have a volume to kill aliens(so the amount on the map doesnt pile up eg, i dont need 10 elvis running around in little holes in the floor )
          There might be something you could do with zone properties. Could make a lava zone that does 999999999 damage per second for example.

Originally posted by Ki!ler-Mk1 View Post
          Also, is it possible to teleport aliens(dont think i need this anyway).
          They should be able to be teleported since they are pawns.
          Based on a true story.
          The prequel.

Comment

lol, you can give marines aoalienclaws as a weapon in a weapons locker
            Alien Swarm Map List

Comment

Working...
            X