• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lightfoot
    replied
    Originally posted by Muirios View Post
    working fine now ... cept im on the wrong version to join servers
    As a player, you should go up to 1.34. You will still be able to connect to servers at 1.32.

As server admin, you could just as well stick to 1.32. That way, ppl who didn't do the update yet (either cos they don't have a widescreen, or just don't know of the patch yet) will still be able to play.

Leave a comment:

• Fuzzy Bunny
    replied
    If it's the exact same error, it probably means the patch wasn't applied correctly. If you unzip the contents of the patch to an empty directory, you can put everything in the appropriate folders manually.

Leave a comment:

• Muirios
    replied
    Originally posted by Nok View Post
    Ok I updated it to 3355, but its still giving me an error, not the same from before:

UT2004 Build UT2004_Build_[2005-02-15_17.02]

CPU: AuthenticAMD PentiumPro-class processor @ 1532 MHz with 511MB RAM
    Video: RADEON 9800 PRO (6553)

Failed to enter AlienSwarmStartup.ut2: Can't find file for package 'AlienTech'

History: UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Free
    hi, ye i got this error too so i deleted alien swarm and then reinstalled and didnt patch it...and it worked, i think there must be something wrong with the patch that clashes or something cos its working fine now i can create servers and join them too cept im on the wrong version to join servers lol...

Leave a comment:

• Moses2k
    replied
    Where I come from (Slashdot), we don't RTFA.

Leave a comment:

• Waki
    replied
    "cant launch it" is the head line so think he means how to start Alien Swarm,but that might be another way of reading it. =)

Leave a comment:

• Moses2k
    replied
    Maybe he's asking how to open the map in-game?

Tilde (~) console, type "map <mapname>" without quotes, right?

Leave a comment:

• Waki
    replied
    update UT2004 to newest patch,download Alien Swarm,extract map into the UT2004 map (if no need to extract from rar then just move the map into ur UT2004 map).

make a new short cut,its in the AlienSwarm map.

Leave a comment:

• djantonv
    replied
    Alin swarm cant launch it

Im having trouble with alien swarm because i save it to ut2004 and then i dont know what to do

Leave a comment:

• runedot
    replied
    Edit: Nevermind. I reinstalled the latest patch, reinstalled Swarm, and it worked. Weird.

I've just downloaded the mod and I get an error...
    And it took me ages to download as well!

General protection fault!

History: UObject:rocessEvent <- (AoMarine AlienSwarmStartup.AoMarine1, Function AoPrototype.AoMarine.PostNetBeginPlay) <- BeginPlay <- UGameEngine::LoadMap <- LocalMapURL <- UGameEngine::Browse <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Free
    Last edited by runedot; 1 Jun 2006, 02:34 AM.

Leave a comment:

• BiG_D
    replied
    Install the newest ut patch, delete your swarm folder, and install it again.

Leave a comment:

• Soulcrusher
    replied
    What are we talking about....??
    UT2004 Build UT2004_Patch_[2004-05-10_17.18]

CPU: GenuineIntel Unknown processor @ 3004 MHz with 511MB RAM
    Video: NVIDIA GeForce 6800 XT (8185)

General protection fault!

History: UObject:rocessEvent <- (AoMarine AlienSwarmStartup.AoMarine1, Function AoPrototype.AoMarine.PostNetBeginPlay) <- BeginPlay <- UGameEngine::LoadMap <- LocalMapURL <- UGameEngine::Browse <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Free
    I only have this when i tried alienswarm from the mods page in ut...

Leave a comment:

• Moses2k
    replied
    I'll one-up you. I'm willing to bet that no one cares.

Leave a comment:

• Fuzzy Bunny
    replied
    I'm willing to bet he's correct

The answer was in my sig awhile back.

Leave a comment:

• BiG_D
    replied
    And, in fact, the probability in this case is not 50/50
    To figure it out, we first need to know how many possible answers there are. Let's assume the answer must be a whole number, and it can't be negative. That leaves, let's see... infinity. So, the chance that you're right is 1/infinity

Not odds I would play...

Leave a comment:

• Carth
    replied
    Originally posted by deathispainfull
    There is half a chance im wrong, But then again, Thats another 50% that i'm right. 50%, You can't beat that can ya!?
    Actually I can. 51% would beat it, but I could just be 100% correct instead

Leave a comment:

Working...
X