Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

-ini= command line ignored (cant run servers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• -ini= command line ignored (cant run servers)

Just had a quick go single player and this is fantastic I'm dieing to get some servers up and running but it appears the mod ignores standard UT -ini command line option.
    The following is the command line Im using:
    Code:
    ./ucc-bin server "AOL-CampaignLobby.ut2?CampaignSlot=0?NewGame=Yes?SlotName=Test" -ini=/usr/local/games/ut2004_dedicated/System/3233/UT2004.ini -mod=AlienSwarm -nohomedir
    Now this should us ...3233/UT2004.ini but it doesnt. I've traced the app with truss and it never even attempts to open it.
    Code:
    linux_open("../AlienSwarm/System/AlienSwarm.ini",0x0,0666) = 5 (0x5)
    linux_open("../AlienSwarm/System/AlienSwarmUser.ini",0x0,0666) = 5 (0x5)
    linux_open("../AlienSwarm/System/AlienSwarmUser.ini",0x0,0666) = 9 (0x9)
    linux_open("../AlienSwarm/UT2K4MOD.ini",0x0,0666) = 5 (0x5)
    linux_open("AoBestScores.ini",0x0,0666)          ERR#2 'No such file or directory'
    linux_open("AoCampaignGame.ini",0x0,0666)        ERR#2 'No such file or directory'
    linux_open("AoClient.ini",0x0,0666)              ERR#2 'No such file or directory'
    linux_open("AoRoster.ini",0x0,0666)              ERR#2 'No such file or directory'
    linux_open("AoServer.ini",0x0,0666)              ERR#2 'No such file or directory'
    linux_open("Build.ini",0x0,0666)                 = 5 (0x5)
    linux_open("ChatRestriction.ini",0x0,0666)       ERR#2 'No such file or directory'
    linux_open("MapVoteHistory.ini",0x0,0666)        = 280 (0x118)
    linux_open("MatchConfig.ini",0x0,0666)           ERR#2 'No such file or directory'
    linux_open("UPlaylists.ini",0x0,0666)            ERR#2 'No such file or directory'
    For mods to be easliy runnable in a GSP environment it needs to be able to take the -ini from the command line. This ini needs to contain ALL the info needed for the server, u cant use a combination of ini files in different locations, unless that can also be specified on the command line. Why? Well GSP's need to be able to run multiple servers on the same machine from the same install and that means things like port, servername etc all need to fully configureable in a multi server environment.

Please please help this mod looks like a total winner but if we cant starts servers its not going to be as huge as it could be.

Also note the linux installer doesnt work quite right
    1. is not compatible with FreeBSD ( missing symlink to the linux dir )
    2. requires a gui ( no use for servers )
    Last edited by Killing; 29 May 2004, 03:41 PM.
    Multiplay Clanservers
    [email protected]

The normal umod (multiplatform) install has a shell script for installing the mod, that should work fine for linux servers, or just get the non umod and unrar the mod manually.

I believe the use of the -mod parameter is overriding your custom ini parameter. Try running the server like this, from the UT2004\System directory:

Code:
    ucc-bin server "AOL-CampaignLobby.ut2?CampaignSlot=0?NewGame=Yes?SlotName=Test" INI=/usr/local/games/ut2004_dedicated/AlienSwarm/System/AlienSwarm.ini LOG=/usr/local/games/ut2004_dedicated/System/SwarmServer.log USERINI=/usr/local/games/ut2004_dedicated/AlienSwarm/System/AlienSwarmUser.ini -nohomedir
    Change the ini parameter to point at which ever custom ini you wish, but it should be based on the AlienSwarm.ini so it has the correct paths to find the Swarm files, etc. In UT2k4 for Windows, the parameter is just INI= not -ini. Not sure if this is different under Linux.

Comment

I thought that might be the case have already posted on the main ut2k4 server admin list about that.
      Indeed removing the -mod fixed and it now uses -ini happily.
      But looks like AoServer.ini and others are hardcoded ( AoServerSettings.uc for AoServer.ini ) can these alternative configs be removed / Set to "System" in the next version. Why? Well as there are no command line properties to change these it makes it impossible to run a fully configureable server. An alternative to setting them to system would to to introduce variables in the "system" config file which points to them.

Thanks for a prompt response keep up the good work
      Test server up on:
      Multiplay.co.uk :: AlienSwarm #1
      Multiplay Clanservers
      [email protected]

Comment

That's an interesting point about the extra ini files. I've made a custom build of AoPrototype.u which should save/load all settings from the AlienSwarm.ini. I haven't tested it yet, so let me know how it works out.

You can grab it here. Just extract that .rar to your UT2004/AlienSwarm/System folder.

Comment

Thats fantastic, could you confirm which ini's I need to merge into our profile? Is it just AoServer.ini or did you merge any of the others that would be required by the server?

For anyone else using the above if you are also running Secure / AntiTCC ensure you update the checks if relavent.
          Multiplay Clanservers
          [email protected]

Comment

All of them:

AoBestScores
            AoCampaignGame
            AoServer
            AoClient

Comment

Sweet incorportating will let u know.
              Multiplay Clanservers
              [email protected]

Comment

I'm getting a similar error:
                ./ucc-bin server "AOL-CampaignLobby.ut2?CampaignSlot=0?NewGame=Yes?SlotN ame=Test" -ini=/ut2004/AlienSwarm/System/AlienSwarm.ini
                Executing Class Engine.ServerCommandlet
                Missing Class Class Editor.TransBuffer
                Global MD5: [3986c4774f86cab155ff9f5432b89282]
                Browse: AOL-CampaignLobby.ut2?Name=Player?Class=Engine.Pawn?Ch aracter=Jakob?team=255?CampaignSlot=0?NewGame=Yes? SlotName=Test
                Failed to load 'AOL-CampaignLobby.ut2': Can't find file 'AOL-CampaignLobby.ut2'
                Failed to load 'Level None.MyLevel': Can't find file 'AOL-CampaignLobby.ut2'
                SetProgress LoadMap Had error 'Can't find file 'AOL-CampaignLobby.ut2''
                Failed to enter AOL-CampaignLobby.ut2?CampaignSlot=0?NewGame=Yes?SlotN ame=Test: Can't find file 'AOL-CampaignLobby.ut2'
                Executing UObject::StaticShutdownAfterError
                Failed to enter AOL-CampaignLobby.ut2?CampaignSlot=0?NewGame=Yes?SlotN ame=Test: Can't find file 'AOL-CampaignLobby.ut2'

And I know for sure that AOL-CampaignLobby.ut2 is in /ut2004/AlienSwarm/Maps/. It is looking in /ut2004/Maps/ because when I copy it there it gets past this error but wants something else but can't find it.

Comment

Make sure you're running the UT2k4 3204 patch. If you ran Swarm before installing this patch, your AlienSwarm.ini will be incorrect - delete the AlienSwarm.ini and try running again, it should be autogenerated correctly.

Comment

Yep looking good Dalai unfortunately had to revert back to the pervious version as UT bans any players on connect that have the old version due to the MD5 mismatch
                    Once thats out in a global release all will be sorted from what I can tell.
                    Multiplay Clanservers
                    [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                    X