Firewall, what ports do AS use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firewall, what ports do AS use?

What ports do I have to open up on my router? The only servers I can find is about 5-6 at most, and they often have "N/A" on the ping (witch is strange as I am using an 8Mbit cable). I figured it must be the firewall causing "n/a" and so few servers showing up.. or is the problem somewhere else?

Oh, and I HAVE found a few servers now and then that have had its ping in numbers, and that I've even been able to play on (without any sort of lagg)..
    I had to ditch the router though when I wanted to create my own server for me and my friend to play through the net.

The default ports are:

7777 UDP/IP (Game Port)
    7778 UDP/IP (Query Port)
    7787 UDP/IP (GameSpy Query Port)
    28902 TCP/IP (Allows your Server to Connect to the UT2004 Master Server Browser)

These are for the normal UT2004. I dont think they have changed anything in AS

*Edit: HAHA too slow Omega
    Last edited by Blackclaw; 3 Jun 2004, 09:50 AM.
    The Man

Join the official Alien Swarm irc channel:
    #AlienSwarm on irc.starchat.net

Comment

You can find documentation in /ut2004/AlienSwarm/Help/Admin Tutorials and on our site.

Comment

Thanks for the answers
        but.. I am not fully schooled with the use of firewalls, or my D-link (DI-604), so I have no idea where these ports are to be opend.

I got the following options:
        Virtual Server
        Application
        Filter
        Firewall
        DDNS
        and DMZ

In what place do I open the ports correctly?

Also, if anyone got the time, how do I configure the ports to support Gamespy fully (since UT is supported with Gamespy I believe)

Comment

I have the option "port fowarding" on my router and I dont see that one yours. Hmmm

Application maybe?

Comment

The ports should be opened in the Firewall section.

Refer to your manual for instructions. If you lost your manual, you can redownload it at D-Link TechSupport pages.

Comment

Originally posted by Omega
              The ports should be opened in the Firewall section.

Refer to your manual for instructions. If you lost your manual, you can redownload it at D-Link TechSupport pages.
              The manuals I got with the package was cind of crappy reading (nothing important in them).. Will check out your link, thanks

Comment

If I remember correctly you configure your ports under Virtual Server on a D-Link, you will require all the ports you want forwarding and the end of the network ip you want the ports forwarded to.
                Important posts: Loadout screen:Scoreboard:Tutorial:Voicechat:Grenade aim:Upgrade points:Auto-reload
                - Kalias

Comment

Originally posted by Brent Rivienne
                  If I remember correctly you configure your ports under Virtual Server on a D-Link, you will require all the ports you want forwarding and the end of the network ip you want the ports forwarded to.
                  You remember correctly.
                  I got a D-604 myself, and adding those ports to the virtual server ports, plus inputting your IP does it.

However, there apperently is a problem that causes the masterserver to fail reading the stats from a server hosted using virtual servers...

My way of fixing this, is by opening Zonealarm and closing it... and i can host with no problems. Weird, but it works.

Comment

Originally posted by Master-Builder
                    You remember correctly.
                    I got a D-604 myself, and adding those ports to the virtual server ports, plus inputting your IP does it.
                    Should I add ports to both "private port" and to "public port"?

Comment

I think you need to add them to public because you want to be able to let people join right? :p

Comment

Working...
                      X