1.1 problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.1 problem

For some reason i can't patch to 1.1 from 1.0. Any one have any ideas?

A couple more details about the problem would help.
    Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

After i install the patch nothing changes in the game. And it says that i still have 1.0. I have reinstalled the Alien Swarm and UT2004 and nothing changed. And i can't connect to serevers 1.1, it gives me this message: "fail lunching URL Package 'AoPrototype' version mismatch".

Comment

Make sure you installed to the correct directory, and deleted your AlienSwarm.ini file.
        Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

i did install that into the right directory, three times. I even it did once manualy. I guess i'll try reinstalling UT2004 again tomorow. Got to go sleep sometimes lol. I'll post tomorow to tell if anything changed.
          Thank you for your replies.

Comment

With Linux, I've noticed the 1.0 installation has a 'system' directory, but the 1.1 patch uses 'System' (note the capital S). Since Linux usually uses case-senstive filesystems, I had to fix this manually before it would work. Shouldn't be a problem in Windows however.

Comment

I'm having the same exact problem as Vitalka, my version of AS won't update to the newest version (1.1), i even think darkbill tried helping me in the IRC room but to no avail. I've reinstalled the mod upwards of 4 times already and have kept trying to update but to no avail. Hopefully before to long someone can find a solution to this.

Comment

Truth: When you run the installer, try extracting it to a completely emtpy directory outside of your UT2k4 folder, so you can see which files are in the 1.1 patch. The main code file is AoPrototype.u, so we'll use that to compare versions. Once you've extracted this file, right click on it and choose properties. Paste the date and exact size in here. Compare this to the one you have in UT2004\AlienSwarm\System. Also run a search of your HD for this file, just in case you have another copy of it somewhere which the game is reading first instead of the newly updated one.

Once we've established the date and size of your AoPrototype.u's, we can start shuffling files around so things are in the right place.

Comment

Right on Dalai, it seems to have worked. I ran a file search on all of my drives and for some reason there was another older version of AoPrototype.u embedded in my regular ut2004/systems folder. I deleted it and everything seems to be running ok now. It must have gotten there when i had trouble installing the first version of the mod since i my UMOD extensions don't work correctly.

Is there anything else i might have to look out for that might interfere with future updates or should everything be ok for the most part now?

Well i really hope this works for you as well Vitalka and other than that i really have to give you and your team Dalai alot of credit for making an excellent retail quality mod, hopefully more people will catch on to how good it is and it can become recognized as something more than just another mod. Thanks Again.

UPDATE: I found some other files that were duplicated in the UT2004/system directory, so just in case any of you other guys run into this problem you might want to be on the look out for these particular files because they prevented me from joining multiplayer games even though the versions were correct until i deleted each of them in turn:

AoMisc.u
                  AoAI.u
                  AoAI.ucl
                  AoInterface.u
                  AoObjectives.u
                  AoStartingProfiles.u
                  AoStartingEquip.u

Good Luck Vitalka and anyone else who might run into this problem.
                  Last edited by Truth; 5 Jun 2004, 07:00 AM.

Comment

meowsqueak:
                    I would VERY much like to know how to deal with the system vs. System problem.
                    Wich one does the game see? What should be copied where?
                    It seems the files is System have the newer timestamp, but should they just overwrite the ones in system, or should they be moved out of the way, the s one be renamed with a capital S and the files from the S one overwrite in the 'new' capital-S-System-directory?
                    *all foncused*

[EDIT:]
                    I copied all the files in System over to system, deleted System and renamed system to System

Seems to be just fine.
                    Let's just hope future updates are case sensitivity aware.
                    Last edited by Demonen; 5 Jun 2004, 03:27 PM. Reason: rethink
                    Demonen

use perl;

Comment

Always use "System" after installing a mod check to see its "System" and not "system". If it is "system" just rename it. Its a common problem with mods built on windows. If you check out the JB patch it infact has bot "System" and "system" in the same archive
                      Multiplay Clanservers
                      [email protected]

Comment

I've gotten Alien Swarm to recognize 1.1 but now every time I try to conect to a 1.1 server I get AoMiscIcon mismatch. I've reinstalled everything from scratch before running the program and still have the same problem.
                        Last edited by hd_strait3; 5 Jun 2004, 10:05 PM. Reason: message unclear

Comment

Check the filesize is:
                          2.83 MB (2,969,603 bytes)
                          Multiplay Clanservers
                          [email protected]

Comment

which file, AoPrototype.u? 3.75 MB (3,941,093 bytes) Thursday, June 03, 2004, 7:35:24 PM

Comment

AoMiscIcons.utx 2.83 MB (2,969,603 bytes) Wednesday, June 02, 2004, 1:36:06 AM Found an extra one in UT texture file. Don't know if I needed it but I deleted it and copied the right file over. Seems that my problem is fixed. Thanks all

Comment

Working...
                              X