Alien Swarm Uninstaller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alien Swarm Uninstaller

You might wanna fix this or just axe it completely from placing itself in the start menu.

I went to uninstall the mod with that, and not only did it *not* uninstall Alien Swarm, it went ahead and uninstalled UT2k4 instead.

Thanks...

That'll teach you to uninstall AS!!!

Actually, I'll look into this and see what happens when I try to uninstall.

Comment

Hmm, the uninstall icon should launch UT2k4's setup.exe, from the UT2004\System folder. This will show you tick boxes for uninstalling UT2004 and any utmods you have. If you don't want to uninstall UT2004, don't tick it!

Comment

Could you at least explain how to uninstall/what to delete? I know it's not just a matter of deleting the alien swarm folder.

The uninstall doesn't have tick boxes for me. It just asks if you want to uninstall ut2004. I clicked next thinking the tick boxes would be after that part, fun, now I have to reinstall again. I'm so happy. -_-

edit: okay, so really the problem is just that the uninstall icon in the start menu doesn't point to the right uninstall program?
        Last edited by MattMacD; 17 Jun 2004, 02:04 PM.

Comment

How would one possibly ever want to uninstall this piece of art?

Comment

Because in reality, it's not a piece of art, it's a bunch of programming and pixels etc., and it's arrogant to assume people won't get bored, when the mind is constantly changing, and the focus of our desires along with it? :p

Comment

Originally posted by MattMacD
              edit: okay, so really the problem is just that the uninstall icon in the start menu doesn't point to the right uninstall program?
              It points to the right one here. What file does it point to there?

Comment

I don't have it installed now. Whatever it was pointing to, it wasn't the uninstallation with tick boxes thing. It was a basic "uninstall ut2004?" thing. Running setup.exe brought up the part with tick boxes.

Comment

For me, it points to C:\Games\UT2004\System\Setup.exe uninstall "Alien Swarm", which looks right to me. For some bizarre reason, though, clicking it is trying to run Setup.exe from the Temp folder (Uninstaller failed to lauch "C:\(profile path)\Temp\Setup.exe").

I don't want to uninstall it, but it seems like something got broken. AS 1.0 UMOD install, later patched 1.1; UT 3206 or whatever the second patch was (about to install the third...).
                  Hey, what's that white dot on the circle-thingy meaGARRRGH!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X