Apparently new Startup probs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apparently new Startup probs

For some reason, when I try to run the mod (Using the start-menu link or the in-game 'community' mod activation), it tells me my CD key is wrong. I've got a fully legit, non-pirate copy with the 3236 patch (Latest).

Any suggestions?

Oh and I love the emotes

It could be that your serial is hacked / used by someone else. In that case you could email / phone / write / fax / smokesignal the company and ask for a new serial. Of course you'll need to include a photo of the box and / or a copy of the coupon.
    On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

Only the mod or vanilla Unreal Tournament, too?
      Ah, to be a hero. Keeping such company...

Comment

Firstly: I don't play online . Does the mod automatically try to connect to an online game or something on startup?

Secondly: Probs only with the mod. I can play fine with Vanilla UT2k4 and Muralis mod and whatever mutes.

Comment

It can be remedied with a reinstall if thats not too much trouble. make sure to repatch as well.
          Smack the Planet!!!! -

Comment

Of UT2k4? Ahh crap. Alright...

Comment

WAIT!!!

First try Deleting your Ut2004.ini
              that might help. Dont worry , UT2k4 generates a new one when you start it up.
              Smack the Planet!!!! -

Comment

Boy, it's good I haven't done anything to UT2k4 since I put my last post. I'll try the less overkill repair method. Thanks Pepito.

Comment

i have the same prob with UT-Anihilation ... dont know why. I thought it might be, cause the mod is for another version?! I dont think so now

must be an UT2k4 bug

My ut2003-key had been stolen - but you cannot just send in a photo to get a new key. Youve got to change all the game. And now, i just got another ut2004-key-already-in-use-message that really sux!

Comment

Hat the same thing with UA... hust reextract it and stuff, make sure the files that need to land in UT2004/System get there... mine wernt there the first time... wierd but it fianlly worked out... and then the mod wasnt amazing ;/ huge fan of the orig tho ;p

Comment

Still getting the same message with AS. I'll try re-extracting it and see how that goes. Otherwise I just won't bother.
                      [edit]
                      Ahh well I re-patched it and reinstalled AS and it's working now so that's good. Thanks folks.
                      Last edited by CykotiC_Jester; 28 Jun 2004, 10:25 AM.

Comment

I had the same problem...

I uninstalled/reinstalled the game and that took care of it. Hope this helps!
                        Tom

Comment

Working...
                        X