Playing back a demo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing back a demo?

I recorded a demo of AS and I am not able to play it back through UT2004. It says it's missing all the AS files because they are in their own directory in the UT2004 folder. Is there any way, short of moving all the AS files to the normal UT folders, that I can play the demo back?

Uhh. Yea. Start up Alien Swarm and play the demo there.

Trying to play the demo in regular UT... That's not gonna work. Ever.
    Ah, to be a hero. Keeping such company...

Comment

Doh..thanks. I should have figured that out. Forgot I can use the demoplay command.

Comment

I don't have a UT2004/demos folder. Where to find it, or do I have to create it? Please tell me how to save a demo and see it.

Comment

If you don't have one it means you haven't recorded any demos. Create the directory if you want to and put a demo that you've downloaded in there, or use "demorec filename" to record your own.

Comment

thx

Comment

when i try to playback the demo i get an error telling me i miss a pack called "AOmiscIcons" any idea how to fix that?
              i try to play trou AS that was where i got the error
              [DTE]Meech "I'm not weird, I'm gifted"
              Dark Tyrant Empire: http://www.darktyrants.com

Comment

That sounds like you have the wrong version of Alien Swarm. Have you got 1.1?

Comment

Or try going online (like joining an empty server) playing back the demo and see if UT/AS can download them automatically. I had missing packages problems too and that was the fix. I don’t think it was the same one but it’s still worth a try.

And remember, it’s just an uneducated guess of mine…

EDIT: I’m getting the feeling my guess was as uneducated as I thought. Browsing through a few threads I see that problem was about uadmin files. So like Carth said, make sure you got AS 1.1 and a fresh UT patch. Good luck!
                  Last edited by fluffy; 3 Jul 2004, 08:36 PM.

Comment

i got the AS 1.1 and fresh UT patch :/
                    i can playback singleplayer games, but not online games or Lan games :S

Comment

Originally posted by [nt]Leo
                      So like Carth said, make sure you got AS 1.1 and a fresh UT patch. Good luck!
                      I'll just add that if the server that the demo was recorded on had a mutator (i.e. Angel's servers have UAdmin mod), you will need this mutator. So Leo's suggestion makes sense, since by playing on Angel's server you would have the UAdmin mod in your cache. I am also just guessing here...

Comment

well, when i was at the lan, both the admin on the server and me did a demorec, none of us could play it after the match :/

Comment

This is asside from that

The demoplayer4 crashes several times. Just crash out to the desktop and I have no idea why that happens
                          I am gone...Radars won't pick me up

Comment

Working...
                          X