Hack tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hack tool

What happened to it? I understand that it was cut, but why?

I would have been nice if it were still available as a last-ditch option where if the tech used it, it would auto-complete part of the hacks on start making them faster. But if used by a non-tech class it would cause slow-downs and possibly even screw up your ability and make changes while hacking, which would effectively slow you down.

The reason I mention this is due to the fact that the mission automatically restarts once the tech is dead on a tech-required mission. This can prove quite frustrating if the other non-techs are capable players and can pick up the slack if the tech dies. Since stars aren't awarded after every mission the tech requirement is kind of pointless now. Plus having the tool would add a degree of interesting difficulty should the tech die mid-mission
    The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.

It's in the game files. I've been trying to enable it, but so far I'm having no success.

Comment

id prefer it without it.. its the tech's job, you protect the tech, its a mini game inside the game
      [E.D.G]Keggie - All that is yours is allready mine
      Thievery - Hanse's, Market, Mutator List
      AlienSwarm2k4 - Nighide Research Facility
      Videos - YouTube

Comment

Well right now people already don't take the Tech unless the mission needs him. So adding a hack tool would make him even less necessary. Unless you give him more good exclusive weapons/equipment.

Comment

Really, Sifer? I spend most of my time as Vegas. I absolutely love him.

With him, I have maybe three standard loadouts:

Chainsaw, Flamer, Power Fist- Landing Bay, Cargo Elevator
          Chainsaw, Flamer, Welder- Deima Surface Bridge, Rydberg Reactor, Residential
          Grenade Launcher, Ammo Crate, Smart Bomb- Sewer Junction, Timor Station

Comment

Well the Tech is viable in any level but in the levels he isn't required you could usually do it easier with another of any other class.

Comment

Maybe it's just me, but I like having a tech along for the motion tracker. It's nice to see where most of the heat is coming from or to track bugs in otherwise dark areas.
              Behind You Durandal Traikan in game.

Comment

When I play with stars, no one ever puts any points into the motion tracker, and I spend my time looking at the mini-map and wondering why there are no red blips
                Based on a true story.
                The prequel.

Comment

I honestly only look at the map to see where the next objective is/if anything was missed as most often and never spend enough time looking for targets as they're always already on me. There needs to be an option to disable drawing on the minimap when it's in the corner like that when you're actually trying to kill something and wind up drawing scratch marks on the map and everyone is like "wtf is that?!"

Comment

Originally posted by Dread View Post
                    I honestly only look at the map to see where the next objective is/if anything was missed as most often and never spend enough time looking for targets as they're always already on me. There needs to be an option to disable drawing on the minimap when it's in the corner like that when you're actually trying to kill something and wind up drawing scratch marks on the map and everyone is like "wtf is that?!"
                    asw_minimap_clicks 0 gets the job done.
                    Behind You Durandal Traikan in game.

Comment

Every class needs every chance to have a strength AND weakness. Hacking Tool would only remove a strength of the tech:

Being integral and righteously important to the team.
                      Sarge is cool, he kills da aliens and doesn't afraid of anything!
                      No seriously. Diss Conrad, and I kick your ass.

Comment

minimap is actually pretty useful when on back duty, that way you know if something is chasing you, sometimes i don't feel like figuring out where that bug sound came from, i just want to look at my minimap and wait for the bugger.

Comment

Originally posted by Behind You View Post
                          asw_minimap_clicks 0 gets the job done.
                          Awesome. Thank you

Comment

Hate to say it, but the hack tool is no longer in the code. There's a few references to it, but it's simply not there anymore.

Comment

Yeah, I figured as much. It would be nice as an option but I can see it being a real game changer at this junction so it was silly to ask. But who knows, someone might do something silly in the future with the idea

Comment

Working...
                              X