Remakes of old UT2K4 AS mods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remakes of old UT2K4 AS mods?

Wondering if anybody here knows if any modders/mappers are planning to remake their mods/campaigns for the new AS.

Along the same lines it would be really cool if someone in the community (or BCG) remade the old AS2k4 Sigma, Ortega, and Telic campaigns for AS:Source.

Comment

Originally posted by Ran-bot View Post
      Along the same lines it would be really cool if someone in the community (or BCG) remade the old AS2k4 Sigma, Ortega, and Telic campaigns for AS:Source.
      Exactly

Comment

I honestly don't see something like Telic being made (more aliens, weapons, extras, etc) unless someone comes up with a way of making the add-on system better.

Comment

Originally posted by Nanj View Post
          I honestly don't see something like Telic being made (more aliens, weapons, extras, etc) unless someone comes up with a way of making the add-on system better.
          I'd be happy to just have the levels and use the current weapons, items, and aliens...same for Sigma/Ortega.

Comment

Sigma and Ortega would be well-doable.

I guess the Queens would need to be improvised with something like a giant shieldbug with 20X the health.

Comment

Originally posted by Ran-bot View Post
              I'd be happy to just have the levels and use the current weapons, items, and aliens...same for Sigma/Ortega.
              That's what I want to see

Comment

Instead of simply making a direct UT -> Source port, I'd say instead try to re-imagine the levels a little and improvise everywhere possible and borrow from what's been given to us in the Jackob's Campaign. Keep in mind that based on the difficulty, every map gets progressively more difficult and the bugs just get larger and more numerous. Some of the game play borrows from L4D with other hazards in place to keep you distracted and to keep the team cohesive...

I'm REALLY tempted to try my hand at remaking/helping make a new Ortega Campaign to some degree. But I wouldn't want it to be a boring rehash of the originals we've already played. Things would absolutely need to be changed and enemies would need to scale up until the final battle. But there's enough bugs to go around to do just that... and if it were my choice, I'd just make it bigger and better
                The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.

Comment

Originally posted by Dread View Post
                  Instead of simply making a direct UT -> Source port, I'd say instead try to re-imagine the levels a little and improvise everywhere possible and borrow from what's been given to us in the Jackob's Campaign. Keep in mind that based on the difficulty, every map gets progressively more difficult and the bugs just get larger and more numerous. Some of the game play borrows from L4D with other hazards in place to keep you distracted and to keep the team cohesive...

I'm REALLY tempted to try my hand at remaking/helping make a new Ortega Campaign to some degree. But I wouldn't want it to be a boring rehash of the originals we've already played. Things would absolutely need to be changed and enemies would need to scale up until the final battle. But there's enough bugs to go around to do just that... and if it were my choice, I'd just make it bigger and better
                  What if these bugs were added... http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=1385262

Comment

Ehh, I can't say for sure if crowd-sourced bugs/ideas are a good idea. Drone speeds already get faster with the increase in difficulty level, and having fast drones move even faster is just silly. The other ideas seem a bit "meh" to me and the only real missing bug is the queen which in appearance looks like it lays the eggs and is essentially difficult to avoid but puts up a good fight.

Just something that looks like it attaches to the existing biomass (think the queen from Aliens except for ASw), I imagine it essentially as a larger than large shield bug with an extra set of legs that protect her rear and maybe a tentacle or two that can whip marines or something silly.

But I think the best thing would be if the bugs had a small chance to launch secondary attacks if for instance you outrun a drone they'll stop to spit a little goo to slow marines down. While rangers could sometimes get a bit more aggressive with their shots and selectively fire 3 selectively instead of at once. Or just change up to a spitwad attack to slow marines.

Dalai and Co have the last word on this though, so it's ultimately up to them. But I think there's more than enough aside from the obvious missing queen.
                    The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.

Comment

Originally posted by Dread View Post
                      Dalai and Co have the last word on this though, so it's ultimately up to them. But I think there's more than enough aside from the obvious missing queen.
                      Yeah, I guess :l

Oh well, I'll be trying my hand out with hammer for the first time next week to try to create the commandeering of the Titanic(sleeper ship), unless somebody beat me to the punch already XD

Comment

Working...
                      X