Will we have camera control?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will we have camera control?

Will we be able to control the camera like say; WC3 GW NWN GC1&2 freedomforce

or will it be like alienswarm, lego starwars, crash bandicoot, max payne(that doesnt do fps does it?), i think you get the idea of the question.

So do you at bcg plan to give us any control over our camera control/positions(not zoom)?
    Alien Swarm Map List

I remember there was talk about the view in the screenshots...You can either choose that one or then the top-down view
    The *mean French look* haunts...everywhere.

Look mom, I double A'd Moses -2kmix- heavy

Comment

i would opt for top down over angles because you can turn quicker and can see whats behind you, yet you dont have as long a sight range in topdown as you do in angled
      http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/bg/t...isoldier28.png

Comment

I hope they go for the style of Shadowgrounds, in isometric view mode anyway. Hoping to be able to choose myself, top-down or angle, and degree of angle.

Another alternative in isometric is to be able to rotate the camera with mouse yaw (left-right) and control the depht of the crosshair with mouse pitch (up-down). Your camera will be locked in the direction you're firing, but at the same time you can control the distance/force you wanna lob grenades, flares and such.

Comment

The way the levels are, i guess the shots they're giving us are to show off the gfx at an angle we can actually see something.
          Alien Swarm Map List

Comment

I say it should have little camera controls, because the top view is what makes it so fantabulous

Comment

It would be nice to have the option to change your view at will via the F1-F12 keys. That way people could switch from views like the top down, angled, and maybe even include a first person mode just for a different experience during gameplay.

Comment

Shadow grounds has a little if unimpressive camera control.
                Alien Swarm Map List

Comment

Alienswarm would be ruined if it were to be first person.

Comment

true dat psi. Half of what makes alien swarm so good is the camera setup. And besides, it would be almost impossible to play it first person. Imagine aliens coming out at all sides and you having to turn in first person....and imagine the amount of tks when turning around with the flamer to kill some aliens
                    ZombieDude: I believe thats your second tk in one game draven?

Nanj: Hes out of control!

Comment

I also like the bug where you dont actually have to turn around to shoot behind you... Try it while stimmed, move yoyur crosshair behind you and fire before your facing that way, and you will still shoot that way, ah the joys of bugs ^_^

Comment

That's not a bug.

Comment

It kinda is, I would have thought you would need to have your gun pointing at the target before you could shoot it...

Comment

It's part of UT and most other FPS games.
                            Based on a true story.
                            The prequel.

Comment

+I think it's quite essential to the gameplay even if it's that "small" of a deal
                              The *mean French look* haunts...everywhere.

Look mom, I double A'd Moses -2kmix- heavy

Comment

Working...
                              X