Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vs2010

From the Valve Developer site:
    At the moment Visual Studio 2010 is not working with the Alien Swarm SDK.

This is sad news.

Am I glad I'm still stuck with 2005.
    I wonder if Netbeans C++ edition would work with Alien Swarm, I'd have tried it but only had a Java edition. Netbeans is such a sweet IDE, for Java at least, a lot better than Visual 2005, but I assume 2008 and 2010 had it's upgrades...

Anyway rambling>.>
    Reportedly a fix can be spotted in this thread:
    http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=1372981

Apparently works for 2010, so try it!

Comment

Yes, VS2010 is sexy-wonderful, and intellisense finally works well.

Thanks for the link.

edit: The source compiled OK, but I got a couple of errors which said that the post-build failed, and I had to manually copy over the dlls.

edit 2: Seems like the Client and Server dlls aren't being copied properly because the files are being created as Client.dll and Server.dll, and the post-build wants to copy Client (Swarm).dll and Server (Swarm).dll.
      Last edited by Nanj; 22nd Jul 2010, 10:00 AM. Reason: Update!

Comment

I installed VC++ 2008 Express last night and all compiled and copied without issue.

Hopefully, 2010 will be officially supported in the near future; it is a much nicer environment to work in.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckSauce View Post
          Am I glad I'm still stuck with 2005.
          I wonder if Netbeans C++ edition would work with Alien Swarm, I'd have tried it but only had a Java edition. Netbeans is such a sweet IDE, for Java at least, a lot better than Visual 2005, but I assume 2008 and 2010 had it's upgrades...
          I hate Netbeans with a passion. I had to use it for J2ME and it was terrible. VS2008 and VS2010 are both far superior in my book.

Comment

Oh yeah, I forgot to add, I renamed the projects in the Solution Explorer (in VS2010) and everything compiled, copied and ran fine.

Comment

Working...
            X