Im a DMer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im a DMer

TUT turned me into a DMer!!!! Let me explain this from the beginning...

First there was a big bang. Then there was Garlisk.

My first action game was Gnome. I got it free with my first comp. It sucked. Played it only once.

Then, I got battlezone, an action strategy game. It was AWESOME. It still is awesome. Online battles went pretty much one way for me, however. I lost. I played this game online for hours and hours and got mashed. Then I started playing sniper battles in it. Aiming for the little glowing dots on in the chest of my enemies for 1 hit kills (no tanks). I became one of the top 3 snipers.

Then I got UT and thief around the same time. Thief was single player, and I played it on hardest but I can't judge skill in SP games. UT I played online. I got creamed... UT guys weren't like battlezone guys. These guys were good.
    I kept playing, and kept losing. Eventually I quit, and played single player UT or other games.

Then I got thievery. In about a month I was a good guard. I used my head, and logic, and other l33t skills to mash thieves.

A week ago, I put in the UT2003 demo. I got mashed once again. However, as soon as I got down the basics of the game, I started mashing! I was like, jeebus, either these guys really really suck, or I actually WON another game.

I think all my agility in trying to avoid frontal BJs and stuff turned me into a good DMer. Thanks all you taffers!

Whats the point? There isn't one, I just wanted to write something.
    Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
    www.usyetzer.com

Originally posted by Garlisk

Go home.

Comment

Originally posted by Swiss Mercenary

Go home.
      I'm with Swiss.
      The only constant is change.
      (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

Righto...
        Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
        www.usyetzer.com

Comment

Righto...
          Welcome to DM'ers anonymous garlisk

Comment

All DM and no sneaking makes Lurox a dull boy.
            JM

Comment

It was a nice post, Garlisk.
              I enjoyed reading it.

Ignore the nOObies.
              "A gerbil is a rodent, wretched creature and quite possibly represents yourself there unclean vile obsolete weak and live happily in there and others filth, they have caused plague and death to humans and nearly wiped us out" - industrialism

Comment

I'm eating a pizza.
                It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

Welcome to the Dark Side TM, Garlisk!!! :wink:

Comment

Righto...
                    Don't worry man, Swiss's post just made me laugh, so I thought I'd say ditto.

I thought your post was entertaining too.
                    The only constant is change.
                    (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

I agree with Garlisk. Playing TUT has helped my skill with other FPS games quite a bit.

This seems somewhat significant, as we can tell our friends Play TUT and even if you don't wind up liking it your skill in other FPS games will increase!

Comment

Thieving skills also enhance your sneaking abilities in Natural Selection... you know how to use Cloak , where it's the most effective and when ennemies actually spot you. On the other hand , your guarding habits help you busting aliens as soldier.
                        WTF KOs can freak out guards , but now imagine having a hungry beast falling on you from the ceiling...

Comment

I like to think that playing TFC has helped all of my skills for all FPS games.

Comment

Working...
                          X