Another thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another thread!

Since I feel it's a bit quiet here at the moment I thought I'd drop some names/links and hope for some discussion and/or games with you.

Infiltration has gone from my harddrive to make room for UT2k4.
    As a result http://www.deathball.net/ now replaces it in my list of games to play online (If you want games you're best of to enter the mod's IRC channel and jumping into pickups and endure tips from the pr0s which make you think 'omg Captain Obvious, the few options a player has aren't mind boggling, they just need practice' ). I got myself custom jingles from Speedball and Hypa-Ball, SID baby! \o/

I haven't played the following in a while but despite being big for my harddisk it still stayed because it is always different:
    Operation Flashpoint CTI http://cr-ofp.dyndns.org/index.php?category=7

If you (ever) play(ed) Magic the collectible card game and cared to play it online you will most likely know about Apprentice already. It's free.

That's it for online multiplayer stuff.
    While being at the topic of Magic: This is a nice AI to beat down and it has lots of cards at its disposal. I reckon you could send the decks you made to others to play them.

The UnReal World has moved on to Windows and is slowly continuing to improve.
    Last edited by Beowulf; 22 Apr 2007, 06:08 AM. Reason: Thanks Moses :)
    AlienMode ThieveryUT adaption
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
    Life is a bitch, then you get cancer. One story is good till another is told.

Originally posted by Beowulf View Post
    Since I feel it's a bit quite here at the moment
    Quite.

Regarding UT2k4, surely you plan on stopping by your local IAF recruiting office at first opportunity...

Comment

Sorry, no, I do not. AS didn't stay very long on my tiny hdd. It did not live up to my expectations towards it and if I would crave the gameplay of it again I would probably play Abuse instead.

Comment

I used to play with Apprentice. Good to see that the Brokers of the Coast decided to finally let this little baby get updated after trying to put it down for 'interfering' with thier business of scamming poor suckers out of thier money.

Myself included.
        Kiech

Comment

who had played OFP and dont tryed CTI - try it! Just the best mod i've seen! If u dont like standart units, u could use FFUR 2007 mod, or Y2K3 and etc... that does replace old units with newer ones.

Comment

[bump]
            AirBuccaneers was yesterday (actually it was hot here when it still was for ut2k3, wasn't it?)!
            Deathball really takes the cake atm with me. Come on check it if you haven't done so already (and even if you did seeing as there were constant updates as it seems, last version was released on Sunday) and lower the wait-time for pickups on #deathball at QuakeNet.

Well that and NaliChronicles which I'm finally playing through the full version rock my boat.

Yea, I don't know what I miss out on but so what?

Comment

Yeah, there were a couple of weekends some time back when a bunch of BCG forum members invaded the Air Buccaneers servers for a few hours. That's how we kidnapped DiP

It's really a fun game if you can get enough people and coordination going on.
              Based on a true story.
              The prequel.

Comment

So I finally tried that Unreal World. It was pretty fun at first to start in the village and stab all of the inhabitants to death with a spear, but ultimately kind of boring.

If I did continue, I wonder how many bottlecaps I'd get from selling all the loot.

Also, is cannibalism supported?

Comment

UrW isn't quite Fallout 3 yet.
                  You betcha!
                  But no skinning and hideworking.

Anyway Deathball is where it's at!

Comment

Progress in NaliChronicles is slow because I have to redo so much..
                    I picked up Ragnarok/Valhalla an old (1992-'95 according to that wiki page) roguelike, download here and grab DOSBox to run it if you want to give it a try.
                    Deathball still rocks my socks, though.

Comment

I remember playing lots of Valhalla/Ragnarok many years back... it had some cool ideas that sadly weren't used in other roguelikes. I recall especially toying with the alchemy bit, the permanent polymorph effects were cruel and funny and bloody effective if you turned into something really lethal. It's also been the most interesting gaming viewpoint into norse mythology I can recall, the mythological details are nicely implemented.
                      My cats are black! How about yours?

Comment

Died a stupid death in Valhalla due to a floating eye equivalent and didn't see much if anything of what the fuzz about this game is/was all about.
                        But I'm back into ADOM. As an apptizer check this small video.
                        The UnReal World got yet another update.
                        Infiltration UT made it back onto my small harddrive. \o/
                        Play Deathball, you know you want to.

Comment

You happen to know a way to obtain a full version of Abuse (I take it you mean that old sidescroller/platformer where you used the mouse to aim at targets)? I played the demo and liked it very much.

Comment

Have you tried the Somewhat-Official Abuse Website?

Comment

I got Morrowind + addons but only the German version which makes it incompatible with pretty much every mod made for the English/International one. :/ But I found adaptions for the really fun stuff.

But the reason for this post is a new very tasty seeming roguelike:
                              http://www.incursion-roguelike.net/
                              I spent much time generating my first character and have yet to slay the first dungeon inhabitant.

btw Deathball! \o/

Comment

Working...
                              X