Agreement Rules List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agreement Rules List

Im posting this thread mostly to serve as a help for new players who are not familiar with the game, but it could ultimatley serve to inform older players as well. It would probably help if the admins would put a sticky on this thread since IMO it represents a part of the communty's work.

Since the release of 1.0 that there have been some agreements bettween players in order to correct some issues or just to make the play more fair.
    Things like:
    - guards not opening the East Gate in DE
    - thieves not rushing gem on Folly (i saw this only once so im not sure if is an agreement at all. Edit: Forget this rule, most players here will rush the gem)
    - staying out of the vents unless you chase someone into the vents
    - helping the thief in that tricky spawn in APO (in Aquatone)
    - not sniping thieves in Grange Edit: Again this rule has proven false
    - not covering objectives
    - opening the door on Spider using the AI (according to the posts this is considered cheating! So beware)
    - guards staying out of thief spawn areas

This is the list of all that i can remember, they arent many, which shows that TUT development is on a good path, but i would like the rest of the people to add more agreements rules if they exist. Right now im not sure if using teh door on Theatre to climb the wall is still "legal", so any anyone can inform me of that thx. And plz no spaming let's make this thread constructive.

edit: Forgot the most important bit, you are not obliged to follow these rules, but some players might consider you lame if you break them
    Feel the power of the

Originally posted by Antero90
    - covering objectives

Only with unmovable or unbreakable objects, ie chest.
    Genius is a blink before a moment of insanity.
    "Dream is Destiny"
    Waking Life

Comment

Only if the thieves are spawning. Later in the game, when no thieves are spawning, then i don't see a problem. Of course, the area is so dark and there is no loot, so it's not an ideal place to guard anyway.

- thieves not rushing gem on Folly
      I do this all the time. Guards can rush it too. Folly is being changed to prevent this anyway.

I stay out of the vents, because all you get is cracked and slaughtered by arrows.

Yes, this needs fixing. For now we have to help the person that spawns there into the vent.

- not sniping thieves in Grange.
      Why not? If you can see them, shoot them. Unless they spawn out of shadow, but i think there is only one of them and they can normally get away easily enough.

pfft... stack as much as you can, I say!

- opening the door on Breakout using the AI.
      Human Guards can open the doors anyway?

- guards staying clear of thief spawn areas
      Yes. Definatly. We needs more maps like spider, where spawn rape is impossible.

Comment

The builder does not approve of this rule.

Comment

opening the door on Breakout using the AI.
          I think this meant thieves using the ai to open doors for them (possible but hard)
          [E.D.G] "Eaves Droppers Guild - we're on the edge."

All New Thievery-O's!

Comment

edit: Forgot teh most important bit, you are not obliged to follow these rules, but some playersmight consider you lame if you break them
            Er a yes if this all went into effect we would all become lame. We all do at least one of these things. I think stacking stuff evens the odds sometimes in Korman. I have seen plenty of times thiefs coming past all this and winning. It is possable. It makes the game last longer and provides some ppl to think for a change. Anyway I think that we should consider some of these rules. Cliff
            The Guard "eats, drinks, and sleeps"

Likita: lol, can't.. must..stay..awake.............

It's TACO TIME!

Comment

Originally posted by Master-Builder
              The builder does not approve of this rule.
              Man, you crack me up. :lol:
              JM

Comment

Since the release of 1.0 that there have been some agreements bettween players in order to correct some issues or just to make the play more fair.
                Things like:
                - thieves not rushing gem on Folly (i saw this only once so im not sure if is an agreement at all)
                - not sniping thieves in Grange (some players might not consider this spawrape, but i think it is since the guard spawns directly facing a spaw area bellow)
                - opening the door on Breakout using the AI (not sure if this is also an agreement, any way few people actually do this)
                I know of no such agreement... but

- guards not opening the East Gate in DE......
                I like this one.. but RLF doesn't agree ...especially KORE. but not that major if u go up the sides to the windows

-thieves not rushing gem...
                How about guards not rushing gem? I rush that bitch as soon as I can before the guards get there and unleash a fury of mines and caltrops..especially the lower ruby spawn point...And that flame ruby has frob issues as it is.. But the ruby should be moved to the Tower somewhere .. somewhere that thieves and guards both have to journey to get to.

- staying out of the vents...
                One word... Mad_Gerbil. LOL i do it now too sometimes but usually only if Im on the scent of a thief in the area, or a quick random scan in the APO or guest room entrance area.

- helping the thief in that tricky spawn in APO...
                yes..we all pretty much agree on this one..the map designer should actually be slapped in the mouth for that spawn point....but everyone except Aggamemnon will let you go. He's a dick like that .. LOL

- not sniping thieves in Grange...
                there are enough shadows and distance from guard to run into that bush area before a guard can snipe you..unless they have crazy skilled aim..or a lucky shot

This has been re-ruled as "Guarding" this is totally ok.. but boredom makes the guards crazy and slip up... just be patient and strike when they are slackin.

- opening the door on Breakout using the AI...
                I think you mean Spider... this is re-ruled as assholism. and in some cases .. cheating. Most newbies don't know this trick and most veterans wont do it to avoid being degraded and flamed.

this one most people are good about... mainly because they get headaches more often than they get thieves.

one that should be added is not whistler blocking the exits on flats... its ok if they are high enough to crawl under or low enough to jump over.. but there is a middle point where u can't jump or crawl and the exits are too narrow.. I hope they made them wider in 1.3.

Comment

Originally posted by Lurox
                  Man, you crack me up. :lol:
                  I can crack you up another way if you like :swordthi:

Comment

I tend to think its more fun when anything goes. Its more challenging as a guard or thief. Except those bugs like the APO spawn (that wasn't done on purpose, BTW. Its a bug.) and the Spiders door thing.

And sorry, Flats won't be updated in 1.3.
                    (AKA Dresden)
                    Despite all my rage, I am still just a dwarf in a cage.

Comment

Originally posted by NeoPendragon

And sorry, Flats won't be updated in 1.3.
                      There is still time! all you need to do is stretch the doorways of the exits.

Comment

Its not really a time issue, but the size of the patch as I understand it. Dalai doesn't want it to get too big.
                        (AKA Dresden)
                        Despite all my rage, I am still just a dwarf in a cage.

Comment

I made a few changes on the list.
                          I didnt mistake Breakout for Spider, i posted Breakout because it is possible to rush those doors (if guards are slow on AI placement).
                          It also appears that only 2 rules are globally accepted, not staking objectives seems to be very unpopular but in most games i play this is taken as a rule.
                          Kewl raised a problem i hadnt found before, the whistler barricade on flats. Does the majority of the players use this or should it be banned?
                          Feel the power of the

Comment

Oh..In breakout you mean thieves making noise to make AI open doors at top of stairs. I got ya. That's cheap, but realistic, and not objected against.

As far as the whistler in the doorway... i understand that 1.3 is supposed to remove the floating objects hack anyway.

And Neo... I don't think stretching a door way is going to make the file any bigger.

Comment

You can still rush the doors without using ai. :roll:
                              You can get key and get out door in less then a minute... i think.
                              "There's no problem that can't be solved with a big crate!"

Comment

Working...
                              X