No more french fries!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No more french fries!

WASHINGTON, March 11 ? Show the flag and pass the ketchup was the order of the day in House cafeterias Tuesday. Lawmakers struck a lunchtime blow against the French and put "freedom fries" on the menu. And for breakfast they?ll now have "freedom toast." - msn.com FULL STORY

Lol.. so no more:

French bread
    French manicure
    French kiss!

ITs all free! You gotta love our country! HAHA

(waits for MegaDude's response)

Yes its ridiculous. And:

"It turns out that not only is renaming things like French Fries popular, also renaming German food is too.

Sauerkraut is now Liberty Cabbage or something along those lines...Liberty something. "
    Deftones

Comment

DP!! I'm expecting your comment!!!

Comment

-_-

i like fries....if my fries stay the same...the name doesn't matter

changing a fri's name doesn't make it a different fri....
        http://profiles.myspace.com/users/7360475
        -=:ToB:=- / :]eDe[: Site: www.endarkend.net
        -=:ToB:=-Forums: www.endarkend.net/phpbb/
        -=:ToB:=-PayingSins (TUT MAP)- http://www.endarkend.net/downloads/m...oB_Payback.zip

Comment

The US is now officially retarded. :roll:
          (AKA Dresden)
          Despite all my rage, I am still just a dwarf in a cage.

Comment

We're having a blast with this on Nationstates
            In other news, "French Fries" are officially now "Freedom Fries" because The French Have Been Bad. How can Congress take themselves seriously? French fries aren't even French anyway, they're Belgian, lol. This is turning into a soap opera.

"We are at a very serious moment dealing with very serious issues and we are not focusing on the name you give to potatoes," said Nathalie Loisau, an embassy spokeswoman. (Associated Press)

-Feykhad
            "Belgum Fries" just doesn't have the same ring to it. Especially not when you consider what Belgum means in some parts of the galaxy.

-Rockola
            How about a common adjective? Crispy fries, Salted fries, plain fries, ketchuped fries, mustard and fries (?!?), {insert name of fast-food restaraunt here} fries.

-Meh, of course

Comment

I'm sure that as a result of this the French will send their entire army to the gulf. They definately won't just laugh their arses off. Definately not.
              You dudes are so funny.....

Comment

That better be a joke. :?
                JM

Comment

What do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by NeoPendragon

Uh huh, like thats news. ANd where are you from? norway? You must have heat sickness from being that far south in the tropics there. That must be why you say dumb stuff like this. Same goes for the netherlands.
                    Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
                    www.usyetzer.com

Comment

Originally posted by Garlisk
                      Originally posted by NeoPendragon

Uh huh, like thats news. ANd where are you from? norway? You must have heat sickness from being that far south in the tropics there. That must be why you say dumb stuff like this. Same goes for the netherlands.
                      No, I'm from Ohio.
                      (AKA Dresden)
                      Despite all my rage, I am still just a dwarf in a cage.

Comment

Dunno why people don't just call em chips, like here.

Also I believe they sauerkraut/liberty cabbage was a world war 2 thing...?
                        Red Guard
                        Thievery UT

Comment

I'm guessing the French would find the name 'French Fries' being applied to a deep fried potato wedge more offensive than changing the name to 'Freedom Fries'.
                          "A gerbil is a rodent, wretched creature and quite possibly represents yourself there unclean vile obsolete weak and live happily in there and others filth, they have caused plague and death to humans and nearly wiped us out" - industrialism

Comment

Originally posted by Mad_Gerbil
                            I'm guessing the French would find the name 'French Fries' being applied to a deep fried potato wedge more offensive than changing the name to 'Freedom Fries'.
                            I've been thinking this same thing for years.

Hey, Gerb, whaddya say you and me pop off to Area 54 for some FreedomKraut and Liberty Fries?

Comment

Originally posted by oRGy
                              Dunno why people don't just call em chips, like here.
                              Because we are all normal! Chips come in a bag...or canister (pringles) and they are 'chips' of potatoes... Fries are potato sticks. they should just be called "sticks"

Hotdog and Sticks
                              Cheeseburger and Sticks
                              Cheese-Sticks
                              and for the canadians... Sticks and Gravy, or Sticks and Mayo!

Comment

Working...
                              X