HELP ME!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP ME!!!!!

ya ok maybe i'm overreacting with title...but anyways...i don't know whether or not this should have gone in mapping forum or not......i was wondering about the models...What archive are they in and how do i extract them(assuming they are in an archived file)....reason being i want to edit the thief model for my own sinister uses.....that and i find that it is ooky....another thing...if i do get the models extracted are they going to be in a .bin format similar to the ones found in thief and thief 2 and then am i going to have to convert the filetypes with a hex editor or is there some kind of utility i can use to change it from whatever file type it is...into a .3ds for use in the program anim8or.......if anyone knows anything about these things plz tell me.....my eyes hurt from the pain of a uncloaked thief
    thats me!---------->

No.
    Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

no what?[/quote]
      thats me!---------->

Comment

Modifying game models and/or skins could be regarded as cheating.

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
          Indeed, I see little other purpose for it.
          Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkBill
            Indeed, I see little other purpose for it.
            Aesthetic reasons? He mentioned he didn't like a cloakless thief.

Comment

Aesthetic reasons? He mentioned he didn't like a cloakless thief.
              Even if the intent is aesthetic, the effect will be cheating.

Comment

umm, hate to point this out but in the UT game users create thier own
                player models all the time and noone considers it cheating.
                But in all fairness, in order for it to work online with everyone who logs
                into a game, downloading has to be enabled.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostly apparition
                  umm, hate to point this out but in the UT game users create thier own
                  player models all the time and noone considers it cheating.
                  But in all fairness, in order for it to work online with everyone who logs
                  into a game, downloading has to be enabled.
                  But they're not enabled on most servers. Even when they are, they're entirely new models, and not altered models given the filenames of existing ones, fooling a client machine into believing the altered version is actually a standard one.

What some people do is alter existing models to have larger collision radii (making them easier to hit - more area you can strike successfully) or altering a standar skin to make it appear, say, bright magenta, so it sticks out and is easier to spot. These are not changes they apply to themselves, but to their opponents, giving them an unfair advantage, hence, cheating.

Comment

But that shouldn't stop you from letting him learn to edit meshes and models.. he might just be the designer of the next thief skin! Let him try.. So either you could help him.. or he can find out somewhere else on the thousands of UT sites out there and do it anyway.

Comment

ya! listen to kewl!! .....i can't believe i just said that ......but ya....i had no intention of "cheating" i just think the thief model is the most boring thing i've seen (no offense to the creator) sure he may kinda ressemble a thief...kinda...but with all other thief games or anything moderately dealing with thief has the thief model with a hood or a cape type thing over them to not only help them blend into darkness better but also to conceal their identity better by having a shadow cast by the hood over their face......then theres the one in thievery....a guy...with his face uncovered in what seems to be a leather jumpsuit....
                      thats me!---------->

Comment

I've always thought the thieves look like the fremen out of Dune. No?

Comment

Well Noob, they were making a new thief model with a hood,I don't know if it will be ready in time for 1.3.

Comment

Originally posted by MegaDude
                            Unfortunately, they forgot to pack their standardised MK2 Plasma rifles.

But hey, there's nothing a little adminning can't fix.

Comment

Originally posted by MegaDude
                              No.

Comment

Working...
                              X