• Show
Clear All

• CALL TO ARMS

i would like to call someone to make a new gamplay movie like this one
    http://www.fileplanet.com/dl/dl.asp?...ailer_mpeg.zip
    but done since 1.2 with the new skins and such
    we could hold somekind of contest or somthin
    An open mind is like a fortress, with its gates unbarred and and guarded

That movie rocks... I love the music... who made it?

Comment

Originally posted by Yenzarill
      That movie rocks... I love the music... who made it?
      Wild guess:

Thwark and/or SecretIngridiens.

Comment

I like the challenge, and I would definately like to make a Thievery music video...

Only one problem though, I have no clue how to get the footage! Unlike DVD's I can't rip it with some program, and all video screen capture programs I have seen either have terrible low FPS or timelimits.

Comment

It's happening people! Tonight I'm going to try and hook a VCR up to my PC with the help of a friend, I allready got a little storyboard for the trailer and I also got the music.

If everything works out fine, I will need some people who are willing to be actors.

Comment

I'd be glad to help, but I live in the Central European Time zone.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowgrab
              I'd be glad to help, but I live in the Central European Time zone.
              GMT+1? Me too.

Anyway, don't pin me on this statement, I still have a lot to figure out... never tried rigging a VCR to my pc before so it might not work at all...

Comment

I have no experience with UT demoes, but in Doom3 there's a demo2avi function, which will take a recorded demo and make it into an avi file. Any similar functionality in UT? If not, there are a couple programs for recording the framebuffer to disk in realtime, might want to check some of them out before going to (ick) VHS.
                Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkBill
                  I have no experience with UT demoes, but in Doom3 there's a demo2avi function, which will take a recorded demo and make it into an avi file. Any similar functionality in UT? If not, there are a couple programs for recording the framebuffer to disk in realtime, might want to check some of them out before going to (ick) VHS.
                  Hey, a lot of oldschool amv'ers used it and the quality isn't that bad...

Question to the dev's though, how was this demo recorded?

Comment

Originally posted by -=V12US=-
                    Question to the dev's though, how was this demo recorded?
                    They pointed a video camera at the screen and hit record.
                    Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, n. See also Irony.

Comment

There is a program that they use with UT that makes movies, not sure
                      exactly what it was called tho. maybe look on modsquad site to find it.
                      also not sure if that would work with TUT but its based on the same
                      engine so it might.

Comment

Basically, all you have to do is save all the images the computer sends to your GFX card.
                        "There's no problem that can't be solved with a big crate!"

Comment

hmmm make a demo thats the first thing check chainsaws site for the bugs and how too on making the demos for thievery
                          An open mind is like a fortress, with its gates unbarred and and guarded

Comment

On linking PC and VHS, get a vid card that has tv out and use a scart connection directly to your video, not very hard and quite fun to use.
                            How TuF are you?
                            League of Legends
                            Bloodbowl by Extensions

Comment

Originally posted by Bloody-Reaper
                              Basically, all you have to do is save all the images the computer sends to your GFX card.
                              \

Wheres that captain obvious pic when you need it?

Comment

Working...
                              X