This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Sadam evicted

For those of you who haven't had their TV nights altered by the incessant press, Bush said today that Sadam has 48 hours to leave Iraq or else. He said a whole bunch of other stuff too, so you should probably pull up your favorite news coverage and read the speech if you want to get the full scoop. Or if you live in Sweeden, you can just ignore it altogether.

Kiech Bepho
    Irishman
    CTG Probie
    www.thecrackaz.com
    Kiech

hmmmm...crackers
    http://profiles.myspace.com/users/7360475
    -=:ToB:=- / :]eDe[: Site: www.endarkend.net
    -=:ToB:=-Forums: www.endarkend.net/phpbb/
    -=:ToB:=-PayingSins (TUT MAP)- http://www.endarkend.net/downloads/m...oB_Payback.zip

Comment

'Bout time...

I wanna sword-thief Saddam! :swordthi:
      TCO – Retired
      Former TCO Head of Intelligence – Retired

Comment

The hell is a CTG Probie?
        Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

Muahahahah! Bomb them all!

http://www.onzin.net/files/flash/200...Com_saddam.swf
          The only constant is change.
          (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

Originally posted by DarkBill
            well you see, when people join CTG they must be prob.... nevermind

"They say we cleaned out the royal treasury, and took the kings wedding ring off his finger as he slept!" "That must have taken an entire team of our best sneaks." "I heard it was lieutenant Jarvis." "Impossible!"
            -Two unknown CTG probies

Comment

Firstly, I am with France on this. Inspections could have solved this peacefully - aparrently the majority of the UN agrees. It seems like the Americans are going in without a resolution - not surprising.

Secondly, let's consider a few facts.

Iraq has ~500, 000 soldiers, and 3000 tanks, as well as assorted communications, and support vehicles.

America is going in with ~70,000 men, and 200 AFVs. Keep in mind that America has cruise missles, bombers, ect...

Estimates show that on averege, and american will take out 30 Iraqis. Unfortunately, that's on an open field.

We have to consider that the Iraq army will be fighting in cities - not a very effective place to bomb.

In a city battlefield, America has the disadvantage. When attacking a fortified position, you need to have a numerical advantage.

Sure, the US army is better equiped, better trained. However, the Iraqis are fighting on their turf.

Keep in mind that, soon, the heat will set in, and the Americans will be cooked...

I have a feeling this will be a 5 month Vietnam....

Comment

Originally posted by Swiss Mercenary
                Firstly, I am with France on this. Inspections could have solved this peacefully - aparrently the majority of the UN agrees. It seems like the Americans are going in without a resolution - not surprising.
                Nonsense. The UN has been inspecting for the better part of a decade. Iraq has been playing the world for fools, and the world has been complacently acting the part. I think time has proven that inspections have not solved this peacefully.

As for the "majority of the UN", that doesn't even matter. Fate knows why, but France is on the security council -- they have veto power over everything, majorities don't even enter into this. The reason the US decided not to push the second resolution is that France would veto it, not because it wouldn't pass.

Sure, the US army is better equiped, better trained. However, the Iraqis are fighting on their turf.
                Your military analysis of the situation is lacking, to put it kindly, but I'm not going to get into that. This point, though, is worth addressing -- while the Iraqis may be fighting for their turf, they are doing so only because they are forced to. That makes a difference.
                Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

Originally posted by Majarisan
                  well you see, when people join CTG they must be prob.... nevermind
                  I swear, CTG recruitment was selectively closed only when I was interested in joining.

Comment

Secondly, let's consider a few facts.

Iraq has ~500, 000 soldiers, and 3000 tanks, as well as assorted communications, and support vehicles.

America is going in with ~70,000 men, and 200 AFVs. Keep in mind that America has cruise missles, bombers, ect...

Estimates show that on averege, and american will take out 30 Iraqis. Unfortunately, that's on an open field.

We have to consider that the Iraq army will be fighting in cities - not a very effective place to bomb.

In a city battlefield, America has the disadvantage. When attacking a fortified position, you need to have a numerical advantage.

Keep in mind that, soon, the heat will set in, and the Americans will be cooked...

I have a feeling this will be a 5 month Vietnam....
                    Dont forget about the suicide bombers that Iraq has now too! Remember what happened to the last batch of Kamikaze bombers?!
                    We hit one button...
                    ..... "BOOM" ....
                    .......over.

They called it Hiroshima.

Comment

Nonsense. The UN has been inspecting for the better part of a decade. Iraq has been playing the world for fools, and the world has been complacently acting the part. I think time has proven that inspections have not solved this peacefully.
                      The UN HASN'T been inspecting for the last four years. When they were, they found and destroyed far more weapons than we ever did during actual war with Iraq.

Comment

addendum to LR's post: last time, in 1998, UN inspectors were forced out by the Pentagon, who was using inspectors to carry out intelligence missions, a breach of UN law. and when Iraq protested, Scott Ritter's inspectors were pulled out and the inspection regime was rendered toothless. by the Pentagon. Putting in a far higher number of inspectors with much more and better equipment even now could lead to a peaceful disarmament of Iraq.

but i agree-- Saddam needs to go. not acting to help the Iraqis is like allowing another Hitler to keep his people under his stormtroopers' jackboots. Saddam feeds off the religious strife between the Shi'ites and Sunnis, and that's despicable: just like Hitler.
                        Gotta knock a little harder
                        Break through the door
                        --Cowboy Bepop: Knockin' on Heaven's Door OST signed by Yoko Kanno *heart*

Comment

Originally posted by DocSkrilla
                          but i agree-- Saddam needs to go. not acting to help the Iraqis is like allowing another Hitler to keep his people under his stormtroopers' jackboots. Saddam feeds off the religious strife between the Shi'ites and Sunnis, and that's despicable: just like Hitler.
                          However, going to war for the express purpose of toppling a regime is ILLEGAL. It's a direct violation of the UN Charter, which is an international treaty that the US not only signed, but had a large part in drafting.

Comment

But in many eyes, the treaty of the Kuait war was broken by Iraq. That in itself is reason to continue the war - the same war we were fighting 12 years ago.
                            Kiech

Comment

It seems like the Americans are going in without a resolution - not surprising.
                              Let's not forget that Blair is with Bush as well.

But I agree, things could be solved a different way.

Comment

Working...
                              X