Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT: Need help! Can someone make me a bootable CD image??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Need help! Can someone make me a bootable CD image??

OK here's the problem.

My floppy drive is not reading anything.. I've checked, checked and double checked everything.. its old, makes loud noises, and I think it finally toasted. I've ordered a new one on ebay, But in the mean time I need to re-image my PC with a Norton Ghost image that I have saved to my second partition.

You would be amazed, but in this entire world of the internet there is no program that will make a bootable CD without copying the files from an A: drive. I cant even find a working link of a bootcd.iso file.

This will pertain to Eazy CD Creator users (or other CD programs with the same functions)

I need you to:

1. Format /s a: - Make a bootable floppy.

2. Browse the disk and Replace the text in the autoexec.bat file with this:

@echo off
    MOUSE.COM
    LH f:\MSCDEX.EXE /D:cd1 /D:cd2 /D:cd3
    f:
    CD GHOST
    echo Loading...
    GHOSTPE.EXE

3. Browse the disk and Replace the text in the config.sys file with this:

DEVICE = oakcdrom.sys /D:cd1
    DEVICE = btdosm.sys
    DEVICE = flashpt.sys
    DEVICE = btcdrom.sys /D:cd2
    DEVICE = aspi2dos.sys
    DEVICE = aspi8dos.sys
    DEVICE = aspi4dos.sys
    DEVICE = aspi8u2.sys
    DEVICE = aspicd.sys /D:cd3
    LASTDRIVE=Z

4. open eazy Cd creator
    FILE -> NEW CD PROJECT -> BOOTABLE CD

Make a bootable CD from the floppy disk you just made

5. After its done, I need you to make me an ISO file from that disk you just made and send me that ISO file. [email protected]

Thank you to anyone who can help.

http://www.bootdisk.com/

Scroll down and look for BOOTABLE CD.
    No Linux, No Choice.
    Know Linux, Know Choice.

Comment

Been there done that.. but as i said before..

Originally posted by KewlAzMe
      You would be amazed, but in this entire world of the internet there is no program that will make a bootable CD without copying the files from an A: drive.
      All the Bootable CD methods posted there require me to use my floppy drive..which i mentioned is busticated.

In all reality.. I just need a way to boot to dos. This wouldn't be a problem with Win 98-ME, but I have XP which is not dos based, so i need a way to get a dos prompt off of a different media device than floppy., cd rom is my only alternative

Comment

WOOHOO.. good news..

I forgot that on my second 1GB hard drive i had installed win98. I just changed my bios settings to boot off of that harddrive and exited to dos, then ran ghost from that hard drive and Im all good now!

Thanks anyway.

Comment

WOOHOO.. good news..

I forgot that on my second 1GB hard drive i had installed win98. I just changed my bios settings to boot off of that harddrive and exited to dos, then ran ghost from that hard drive and Im all good now!

Thanks anyway.

OMG!1!!! Those things exist???
          Genius is a blink before a moment of insanity.
          "Dream is Destiny"
          Waking Life

Comment

i can boot from my win2k or win98 CD. my floppy drive hasn't actually been able to read a disk in well over 2 years.
            I'm not so bad... Once you get to know me.

Comment

LOL..yea i couldn't find my 98 CD. I have WinME too and it wouldn't boot for some reason.

Comment

<---- Lets all smile at the retard and wave!

Once again... i decided that maybe my floppy drive wasnt bad and I needed to upgrade the bios on my new motherboard. Sure enuff, i upgrade, reboot, and the sunavabitch works like a champ! I just bought and paid for another floppy drive on ebay!

Kewl is a Fewl! :roll:

Comment

CD
                  Huh? Who said what now?
                  The only constant is change.
                  (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

WOOHOO.. good news..

Im all good now!

Thanks anyway.
                    Good news indeed

All the Bootable CD methods posted there require me to use my floppy drive..which i mentioned is busticated.
                    You must not have read far enough. Bart's Way (specifically Bootable Dos CD-Rom) doesn't require a floppy drive, though the other methods do. There were a few small downloads and a little bit of unzipping required, but no floppy was harmed in the making of his bootable CD.
                    No Linux, No Choice.
                    Know Linux, Know Choice.

Comment

Yea i read barts way first.... the steps necessary were far too much work for a simple bootdisk. And at no point did I understand where that program would have communicated with my cd-rw. BUt its all good now.

Comment

Working...
                      X