This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freedom of speech?

MegaDude here- I set up this address a few days ago to annoy Thwark (not for no reason, he'd just banned me for the first time). Anyway:

Dude, at least justify the last banning rather than just close the thread. You'd be amazed at the number of dial-up isp's in the uk, and how persistent I can be. I'm not even bothered about the ban, I can read the forums either way and post when I like via dial-up, I just want you to explain your reasons (other than your own personal bigotry).
    Why the second ban?
    What rules did I break exactly?

Ok, you are maing the same mistakes Unstoppable made. You are banned. Let Thwark cool off for a while. Keep this up, and You will find that there will be not-so-good consequences for you. Don't go around making all these other names and protesting your punishment. The reasons for you banning have been made clear. Let it drop, and let things cool down. I'm giving you this advice as someone who cares (believe it or not). The smartest thing you can do is accept it.

Also, attacking him with things like "...other than your own personal bigotry..." will not help you get unbanned. Quit with the remarks like that.
    Genius is a blink before a moment of insanity.
    "Dream is Destiny"
    Waking Life

Comment

Originally posted by Thwark
      Originally posted by The_MegaDude!
      If you're referring to my Saddam picture, it seemed appropriate considering how much the Americans on here like me (I got banned for fucks sake! My old picture was an innocuous looking toilet).

you were banned for being abusive. That's it. That's the fucking reason. You weren't banned for your politics, you weren't banned for being english, you weren't even banned for disagreeing with me while i played devil's advocate.

you were banned for being abusive, and for not stopping when you were asked twice.

This is your very last warning. the next time i read anything about you playing the victim because you think i'm all "he thinks different let's kill him!" - your nick, your IP, AND Muggins' nick will ALL be banned, permenantly. I'm tired of this. You broke more than one rule, and continue to drag it up, i feel completely justified and totally unconcerned about your defense of your terrible behavior.
      One Post later:

Thwark- calm down. I'm not "playing the victim," just justifying my choice of photo.
      You may notice I haven't insulted anyone. I'm actually showing incredible restraint in view of some of the things people are saying here....
      Immediately after:

Oh and dude- getting a little tired of the threats. "Don't abuse people". I've got the message. If I feel like I've got you breathing down my neck every time I make a post then I'll probably just abandon the forums anyway, and then who would everyone have to rant against?
      And that's just the second ban. You want the first ban, too? How about these choice cuts from the Snd! Movies! thread?

You stupid fucking patriotic twat.
      you empty-headed moron
      you are very clearly on the side of the "machine" and advocate it's immoral practices
      Fuck off!
      your shitty statements
      Originally posted by Thwark
      Originally posted by MegaDude
      Don't think your daddy's going to comment. Probably heard more than his US government-issue brain could cope with. Bet he's religious too.
      You should try that whole "reading" thing, too. I repeatedly said that i don't agree with the US government and that i think Bush is an idiot. Facts you've conveniently forgotten so you could try and flame. So i'm teling you now. Stop.
      THE VERY NEXT POST:

Originally posted by MegaDude
      Hey dad, you can't come out with all that patriotic nonsense and then say you don't like the government. Get your story straight and we can have another good row (come on daddy, you know you love it as much as I do!).

Love,
      MegaDude
      xxx
      And Two New Threads immediately after the ban:

Originally posted by Muggins
      Hello, MegaDude writing under my old username (now usually used by a friend of mine). Just like to thank Thwark for banning me from the forum because I don't agree with him. I wasn't "flaming," didn't send loads of pm's or anything, kept the whole conversation in one thread, and just generally argued with people about something I feel strongly about. It's the "Snd! Movies!" topic if you're interested. I'm not that fussed, I can get me a new username, I use a variety of computers with different ip's at work as well as my home being a fairly widely roaming one- I just wondered if other people here thought he was being

a) fair, or
      b) not.

I love my daddy!
      Originally posted by Muggins
      MegaDude here again, don't close the thread, I want to know what people think?
      Was Thwark fair?
      How exactly was my last post insulting, flaming, or whatever? Out of line? You mean you didn't like it. At least admit you just don't like me rather than trying to put it down to your lovely rules.
      And don't ban this id too, I don't usually use it anymore but I want to see if people think your being fair or not.
      But I let those slide. However, today i woke up to this in my non-thievery-related guestbook:

http://thwark.signmyguestbook.com/

and then, just a few minutes ago, an all new thread:

Originally posted by MegaDude!
      Thwark, you ass- why'd you ban me this time? I made no particularly offensive remarks, I'm just a little pissed off with your
      "I'm the admin so my word is God"
      attitude.
      It was a political thread- I made appropriate comments. I found Tankazz's comments extremely offensive, but you didn't ban him because you happened to agree with them.
      I frankly don't think you have the even-handedness to be allowed to admin a forum. Just how many people have you banned over the past few months? I take it by your avatar that it's lots, and you're proud of the fact.
      Silencing opinions that differ to your own only harms your argument.
      And of course, this very thread:

Originally posted by Newgirl
      I set up this address a few days ago to annoy Thwark

You'd be amazed at the number of dial-up isp's in the uk, and how persistent I can be.

your own personal bigotry
      I count one fakey account specifically to ANNOY me, one THREAT, and one ill-founded insult. This is, of course, not counting the PMs that you sent me, and not counting the fact that you harassed the OTHER mods and Admins in PM about this whole thing, rather than just accept it.
      I'm not so bad... Once you get to know me.

Comment

Megadude, get a life. If I called someone a "fucking twat" once I'd expect severe consequences and you did WAY more than that.

GO AWAY.
        The only constant is change.
        (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

Originally posted by CrouchingDork
          Megadude, get a life. If I called someone a "fucking twat" once I'd expect severe consequences and you did WAY more than that.

GO AWAY.
          HA! CD is a hypocrite! Here is an exact copy of an email he sent me not 3 days ago, except I've removed the profanity and replaced it with [censored] tags.

"Dear [censored] Mad_Gerbil
          Who the [censored] do you [censored] think you [censored] [censored] are? I'm so [censored] of you [censored] [censored] face that it makes me just wanna puke big balls of [censored] [censored] [censored] .

If I ever see your [censored] butt in the game again I'll whip out my [censored] and shove it up your [censored] [censored] ! Then you'll scream like the little [censored] [censored] you are you pathetic [censored] .

You are exactly like that [censored] Thwark. Ya, you and Thward are probably [censored] [censored] lovers and like to [censored] [censored] each other's[censored] [censored] in the night. You both can rot in [censored] .

Later you [censored]
          CrouchingDork"

True story.
          "A gerbil is a rodent, wretched creature and quite possibly represents yourself there unclean vile obsolete weak and live happily in there and others filth, they have caused plague and death to humans and nearly wiped us out" - industrialism

Comment

[censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored]

[censored]

Comment

Thwark LET your second forum account stand, but you did the same damned thing all over again, and started namecalling and flaming. So you got banned again. Then you made a third account and a fourth, and you're doing the same things there.

See, you're not understanding something here. This forum and the server that it runs on are NOT public property. Free speech simply doesn't apply. The admins of this board can ban anyone they want, at any time, for any reason, or for no reason at all, because IT'S THEIR BOARD!! It isn't as if someone has to apply for a bloody license to run one of these things, and to swear that they're going to put up with shit from users like you in order to get it. It's as simple as that, really.

Comment

Okay, I have to say this yet again because it annoys me.
                Please look at the title of this thread "Freedom of Speech?".

Laws regarding freedom of speech DO NOT APPLY on messagboards housed on private servers and run by private individuals. YOU HAVE NO RIGHTS TO POST HERE WHATSOVER AND YOU CAN BE BANNED FOR ANY REASON.

So to answer the question: Freedom of Speech?

NO.

The Right to Private Property supercedes the right to free speech in this case.

DON'T confuse the issue again.

k?
                thanks.
                "A gerbil is a rodent, wretched creature and quite possibly represents yourself there unclean vile obsolete weak and live happily in there and others filth, they have caused plague and death to humans and nearly wiped us out" - industrialism

Comment

I think I just said that, Gerb. Thanks for the follow-up.

Thwark, if I may offer a piece of advice? Don't even bother justifying yourself. As has been stated, it's YOUR board, run it YOUR way. Anyone who doesn't like it (and I think from this thread you can see most people are behind you) is free to go elsewhere.

Comment

All I have to say is Thwark is right. LR is right. And if you act like a prick, we don't need to here. Go to a Grand Theft Auto or Counter-Strike forum. kthnxbye.
                    (AKA Dresden)
                    Despite all my rage, I am still just a dwarf in a cage.

Comment

Heh.

"Newgirl
                      Guest"

GJ Thwark. :grin:

Comment

Where's my 5th freedom?
                        "There's no problem that can't be solved with a big crate!"

Comment

I liked the avatar. :|
                          Ah, to be a hero. Keeping such company...

Comment

Yeah, give me some o' that 5th freedom too.

Or leave the freedom and gimme the gear, either one
                            Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
                            www.usyetzer.com

Comment

So...

...NewGirl isn't someone I should hit on?

Thanks for putting up your rules, Thwark. I hope this p00p never happens again.
                              "Garlisk's got a lov-el-y bunch of coconuts."

Comment

Working...
                              X