Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

lockpick question

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • lockpick question

    How do you break them? I didn't know it was possible till:

    Originally posted by Dalai
    Breaking your lockpicks no longer destroys all your copies, just 1.
    Kiech

  • #2
    If you're a guard, you can break 'em by trying to pick doors. Kinda stupid, but oh well...
    TCO – Retired
    Former TCO Head of Intelligence – Retired

    Comment


    • #3
      They break if you use them as a guard.
      (AKA Dresden)
      Despite all my rage, I am still just a dwarf in a cage.

      Comment


      • #4
        O.< You can break lockpicks?
        "I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory,
        even stopper death - if you aren't as big a bunch
        of dunderheads as I usually have to teach." -- Professor Severus Snape.

        Comment


        • #5
          Weird. I haven't used them to picklock doors as a guard, but I do like to have a set of them to pick up any stray mines.
          Kiech

          Comment


          • #6
            You can actually successfully lockpick a door as a guard, by break... err, USING multiple sets of lockpicks.

            Comment


            • #7
              It doesn't ALWAYS happen, just sometimes, and I think on certain doors.
              The only constant is change.
              (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by CrouchingDork
                It doesn't ALWAYS happen, just sometimes, and I think on certain doors.
                I think they break after a certain amount of time being used. For doors that require less time than the break time, you can pick on one set? Perhaps?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by LaughingRat
                  Originally posted by CrouchingDork
                  It doesn't ALWAYS happen, just sometimes, and I think on certain doors.
                  I think they break after a certain amount of time being used. For doors that require less time than the break time, you can pick on one set? Perhaps?

                  I'm not really sure.

                  DAAALAAAAAAAI!!!!
                  The only constant is change.
                  (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    When a guard uses lockpicks, for every 'pick' of the lock (every second or so) there's a 10% chance of the lockpicks breaking, a 20% chance of the guard successfully picking one of the pins in the lock and a 70% chance of them just fumbling around achieving nothing.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X